If you love hummus, wait until you try this flavorful guacamole hummus! It is perfect for dipping chips and vegetables into! One bite of this creamy hummus and you will be hooked.
(This post was sponsored by HERDEZ Salsa. All delicious opinions are my own.)
If your family loves salsa as much as mine does, you need to try HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa. It is one of our very favorites!! This salsa is made with simple, high-quality ingredients. This guacamole salsa is full of real avocados, tomatillos, onion, jalapeños, and cilantro.
HERDEZ makes several flavorful varieties of salsa including our favorites, HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa. I can't tell you how much I can do with a jar of HERDEZ® salsa!! When you see how easy this homemade hummus is to make, you will stock up on this salsa too!
This avocado hummus is high in protein, dairy-free, and gluten-free!
Since our family is hunkering down, I wanted to share a healthy recipe that uses easy to find pantry staples. I am so excited to share this easy homemade guacamole salsa hummus recipe with you. All you need is 4 simple ingredients!
Mr. Fearless Dining and I have worked from home for the past few years. We now have the kids home here doing online school and our house is total chaos!! Everyone is in and out of the kitchen grabbing snacks. I am trying to keep healthy snacks ready-made in the refrigerator.
**Costco is now carrying HERDEZ® creamy Guacamole Salsa! I am so excited because the bottles are larger so I can use more in enchiladas and other recipes!**
Are you ready to make this four-ingredient hummus? Chips and hummus are one of our favorite snacks!
The simplicity of this recipe is you need only two ingredients to make this hummus without tahini recipe. Everything you may already have in your pantry!
- Garbanzo beans - I use canned garbanzo beans and rinse them in a colander. You can also use this fun Instant Pot Garbanzo Beans recipe to cook your beans. I include directions to cook your garbanzo beans stovetop below.
- Guacamole Salsa - I talk about the Herdez brand I use. You can find it at most grocery stores, including Walmart and Target.
That is it! It doesn't get any easier than this!
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Open the two cans of garbanzo beans and rinse them well in a colander.
Step 2: Add all of the ingredients to a Vitamix or blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth.
Serve out of the blender or chill in the refrigerator. Dip in vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, and celery or use tortilla chips!
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You need to cook your garbanzo beans for this recipe. You can cook them via stovetop as I detail below.
Let the dry beans soak overnight in water. Drain the beans and add to a pot. Cover the beans with water and simmer for 2 hours. Add additional water if needed until the beans are soft.
I love dipping cut vegetables into hummus and my kids love dipping tortilla chips in. You can dip anything you like!
This hummus will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container
Enjoy!! If you love flavored hummus, you will want to also try this delicious Roasted Hatch Chile Hummus!
More fun gluten free appetizers:
Guacamole Salsa Hummus
- 2 14 ounce cans garbanzo beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup guacamole salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans in a colandar.
- Add all ingredients (except the cilantro) to a blender, Vitamix, or food processor.
- Blend until creamy.
- Top with cilantro and sunflower seeds
- If you can't find the jarred guacamole salsa, you can use regular salsa and add 1 avocado, without the seed.
- This hummus will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)