If you love breakfast as much as we do, your whole family is going to love these incredible gluten free breakfast sandwich recipe. These light and fluffy English muffins are topped with my special homemade guacamole, they make a delicious healthy breakfast!
Table of Contents
(*This post was sponsored by Franz Gluten Free. All delicious opinions are my own.)
May is Celiac Awareness Month and it is a great time to build awareness in the community! If you are already diagnosed with Celiac, you are very familiar with the struggle, but so many with Celiac may not be diagnosed. Building awareness helps those who may not know they have this disease. If you are new to gluten free, I have a great gluten free guide to help you get started!
I am so excited to share a new gluten free product with you! Franz Gluten Free has been working hard to perfect their recipe to get these English muffins just right! They are finally available for ordering! These Engish muffins make an incredible base for my new avocado breakfast sandwiches!!
These breakfast sandwiches are easy to make in just minutes. They are perfect for those busy school mornings or any time. Wrap them in a napkin and you can enjoy them on the go!
Light and fluffy, these delicious NEW Franz Gluten Free English Muffins are absolutely incredible. Franz Gluten Free takes food allergies seriously and spent a lot of time developing their English muffins to be egg-free as well. Because they are egg-free, they are free of the Top 8 Allergens! I love they are safe for anyone with food allergies!
Another thing you will love about Franz is they have a unique packaging that makes their gluten free products shelf-stable! No more storing unopened gluten free products in the freezer! These new gluten free English muffins make the best gluten free breakfast sandwiches!!
Why this recipe is so great:
My main reason for loving this recipe is because these gluten free fried egg sandwiches are perfect for an easy breakfast! Kids love them and you can top them with anything.
These delicious English muffins pack some great nutrition in every bite! They have 17g of whole grains in every muffin. They are perfect for my delicious avocado egg sandwich recipe, but also to make mini pizzas, and everything else you love to eat!
My kids tend to like the more traditional bacon and cheese topping their English muffin sandwiches, but Mr. Fearless Dining and I are crazy about the homemade guacamole topping!
If you are big breakfast eaters, you will want to check out all of my delicious gluten free breakfast recipes!
Recipe step by step instructions
Step 1: Add all of your guacamole ingredients to a bowl. Mash them up! This homemade guacamole is not only easy to make, but it is totally flavor-packed! (*note the corn kernels are optional.) See below for the recipe!
I use a pastry blender to smush it all together, but you can also use a fork. You really only need to smoosh up the avocado.
Step 2: Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat. I used a large biscuit cutter to hold the shape of the egg so it fits on the gluten free English muffin breakfast sandwich better. I let my egg cook sunny side up, but you can separate it and flip it over if you do not want a runny egg.
TIP: Spray cooking oil on the edges of the biscuit cutter so the egg comes off easily. This also makes clean up so much easier!
Step 3: Slice your Franz Gluten Free English muffin in half on a cutting board. I like to toast mine in the toaster, but you can also put the halves cut side down on the pan to cook that way.
Step 4: Put the bottom half of the toasted English muffin on a plate. Add your cooked egg and a scoop of the homemade guacamole.
I also added broccoli sprouts because they have a nice bite of spice that ties all of the flavors together. Add the top half of the English muffin and enjoy!!
Make The Guacamole!
ake the guacamole from scratch by adding 3 large avocados, 1 large tomato diced, ⅓ cup corn kernels, ¼ cup cilantro, ¼ cup scallions, 2 small limes, ½ cup minced jalapeño, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 TBSP olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the avocado to a bowl and smash it up.
- Drizzle some sriracha sauce for some spice!
- Top with your favorite salsa, or try this easy Dragon Fruit Salsa recipe.
- Add in some caramelized onions and peppers.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
If you are going to freeze these breakfast sandwiches, I recommend just freezing the egg and English muffin. The guacamole will not freeze well. Wrap the breakfast sandwiches up in plastic wrap, then place into a large freezer safe zip lock bag.
These sandwiches will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
You can easily make this vegan by using a vegan egg mixture like Just Egg.
I recommend sharp cheddar or a Mexican blend cheese for these breakfast sandwiches.
More gluten free breakfast ideas:
- The Best Gluten Free Pancakes
- Garden Vegetable Shakshuka
- Tex Mex Migas
- Gluten Free Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 2 gluten free English muffins
- ½ cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons broccoli sprouts
- ¼ teaspoon srirarcha
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray coat or rub oil on a large biscuit cutter. Place the cutter on the pan.
- Gently break an egg into the circle of the biscuit cutter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the egg until the top of the egg is no longer shiny. If you prefer a well done egg, slide the egg out of the cutter and flip it to cook the other side.
- Cut open the gluten free English muffin and toast in the toaster.
- Remove the toasted English muffin and place the egg on the bottom half.
- Add a scoop of guacamole, then top with broccoli sprouts. (*The sprouts are optional)
- Optional: Drizzle the top with sriracha and add the top half of English muffin.
- If you do not have a biscuit cutter, just fry the egg on the non-stick pan.
- You can use store-bought guacamole, or make the guacamole from scratch by adding 3 large avocados, 1 large tomato diced, ⅓ cup corn kernels, ¼ cup cilantro, ¼ cup scallions, 2 small limes, ½ cup minced jalapeño, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 TBSP olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the avocado to a bowl and smash it up.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free chocolate desserts e-cookbook!)