This slow cooker pulled pork is a delicious recipe that is so easy to make. Just 5 simple ingredients, a crock pot, and you have a delicious family dinner and leftovers too!
It is taco night in our house and this easy pulled pork is the best part!
Pork Shoulder aka Boston Butt
Our meat box CSA included an amazing pork shoulder this month. I love that we get so many different cuts of meat each month. Boston butt is the most common cut of meat to make pork shoulder.
There are a lot of delicious ways to prepare pork shoulder, but my very favorite is to cook it in a crockpot. Slow cooking this pork makes it tender and juicy. I kept this recipe simple so I could use the meat for several different recipe ideas.
This easy pulled pork recipe is always a hit in our house. I love the simplicity because I can just toss the ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, turn it on, and then forget it for a few hours.
This is the best crock pot pulled pork recipe! It is perfect for a busy school night! Kids love this pork recipe. (Even my picky one!!) This pulled pork is Whole30, paleo, dairy free, nut free, and gluten free.
Taco Toppings Ideas
You can top your tacos any way you like. Our tacos have fresh heirloom tomatoes, cheese, scallions, and fresh cilantro.
By dinner time, all I have to do is set out taco fixings. My kids love to make their own tacos. Mr. Fearless Dining has been trying to cut out some carbs, so he had his pulled pork on his salad Chipotle style :-).
This meat is so versatile; there are so many ways to enjoy it. Tacos, fajitas, nachos, taquitos…so many fun ways to enjoy this. You can even spice it up with some jalapenos! And if you really want something different, slather it in BBQ sauce.
This pulled pork makes a delicious barbecue sandwich as well!
How do you like to top your tacos?
Do you slather them in salsa?
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Pulled Pork Recipe:
- An awesome slow cooker. Dump in the ingredients and turn it on. It doesn’t get any easier.
- Easy meat shredder. This saves so much time and shreds meat perfectly.
How To Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork:
- 2-3 pounds pork shoulder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken broth, (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- In a crock pot, add pork shoulder.
- Sprinkle on half the spices, turn the meat over, then sprinkle the other half on this side of the meat.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Set heat to low to cook for 8 hours. If you need it cooked quicker, set temperature to high for the first 3 hours, then reduce the heat to low for 2 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the meat. Serve in tacos, fajitas, or even on nachos!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 86 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 447mg Protein: 11g
More Yummy Dinner Ideas to Try!