Shake things up with this quick and easy grilled pork tenderloin recipe. You will love how quickly this mustard-crusted pork tenderloin marinates in this homemade mustard sauce. Make it in under 30 minutes!
(*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farmer John Fresh Pork. All opinions are 100% mine.)
This post is dedicated to all busy parents who want to make a healthy family meal together in under 30 minutes!
Close your eyes and think of your weeknights. Do you often scramble to put together dinner for your family? This is one of our biggest challenges during the week. We are going in so many directions it is hard to carve out time to cook dinner.
You will love how quickly this pork tenderloin with mustard sauce comes together, which leaves more time for making some healthy side dishes! If you love easy family recipes, check out my gluten-free dinner recipes.
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- Flavorful: This juicy pork tenderloin cooks with delicious honey dijon flavors.
- Great For Picky Eaters: Kids love this recipe because of the honey flavors. Even my picky one loves it!
- Versatility: You can cook this mustard-marinated tenderloin on the grill or roast it in the oven.
- Quick and Easy: Make this family meal in under 30 minutes.
- Leftovers: Use the leftovers in salad, sandwiches, and tacos!
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this mustard marinade, which saves you time! If you love pork, you want to check out these delicious gluten free ground pork recipes.
Farmer John California Natural Fresh Pork is made from 100% fresh pork, has no artificial ingredients, and comes in various cuts, including boneless loins, chops, ribs, ground pork, tenderloins, and more.
Their meats are easy to season and even easier to cook when you are in a hurry! I love all of the choices! We often make amazing BBQ Pork Ribs too! You can check out this easy recipe.
Tips For Success:
- Always use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. Pork needs to be 145º F.
- If you marinate the meat, use a zip-style bag so the meat doesn't dry out.
- Be sure your grill is clean before grilling meat. If there is burnt residue on the grill, it can affect how your meat tastes.
- Pork Tenderloin - If your tenderloin has a lot of fat, trim it off before coating it in the honey dijon.
- Dijon Mustard - You can use a creamy style, like Trader Joe's, or a more seedy style. Double-check the ingredients to make sure the dijon you choose is gluten free.
- Honey - You can use basic wildflower honey. There is no need to use expensive local honey because the taste will be the same regardless of the quality of honey used.
- Garlic - Use freshly minced garlic or jarred minced garlic.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: To make the honey mustard marinade for the pork loin, add the marinade ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Use a basting brush to rub the Dijon honey marinade sauce all over the pork. You can marinate the pork and let it sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to soak in or grill it immediately.
🔑 Sandi says: If you can marinade the meat ahead, it will allow the flavor to soak in better. I like to do this the night before so it is ready to grill the next day.
Step 3: To cook this pork tenderloin on a gas grill, you need to preheat your grill to 400º F. I like to heat the grill to temperature and then use a grill brush to ensure the grille slats are clean.
Put the tenderloin on the grill.
Step 4: Close the lid and grill for 10 minutes. Open the grill lid and use tongs to flip the tenderloin slices over. Cook another 10 minutes and check the internal temperature with a thermometer.
What is the internal temperature of cooked pork? Pork tenderloin's internal temperature should measure 145º F when cooking. You can check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
Step 5: Remove the cooked mustard tenderloin from the grill and place it on a platter. Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Pork Tenderloin Oven Instructions:
If you prefer to roast your Dijon pork loin in the oven, follow the same directions to marinate the pork in the honey mustard sauce.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375º F. Put your tenderloin onto a rack in a roasting pan. Cover with foil and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
Step 2: Pork tenderloin can dry out in the oven pretty easily, so I like to cover it for the first 10-15 minutes of baking. Remove the foil; it can get brown and crisp in the last half of the baking time.
Step 3: Bake for 25 minutes until the tenderloin has an internal temperature of 145º F and looks brown and slightly crispy.
Serve this Farmer John's pork tenderloin with one of these tasty side dishes:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon - This is an awesome side dish if you love bacon.
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese - These creamy mashed potatoes are delicious with the honey mustard flavors.
- Steamed Kale - This is a tasty way to get your greens!
- Gluten Free Mashed Cauliflower - This is a delicious cheesy cauliflower bake!
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I like to cook the pork tenderloin directly on the grill, as shown above, but you can easily cook the pork tenderloin on the foil if that is easier for you.
It takes 10-18 minutes for pork tenderloin to cook on a grill. The actual time will depend on how thick the tenderloin cut is.
You can marinate a pork tenderloin in the refrigerator for up to 5 days maximum. Make sure it is in an air-tight container or ziplock bag.
Store leftover pork tenderloin in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the extra meat in a freezer-safe zipper bag.
More Gluten Free Pork Recipes:
Dijon Marinated Pork Tenderloin
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ½ pounds Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil * see note
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard * see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the grill to 400º F.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Coat all sides of the pork tenderloin with the marinade. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Open the grill lid and place the pork tenderloin onto the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. The pork tenderloin is done when the internal temperature is at least 145F.
- Note: You can also slice the pork tenderloin before grilling to speed up the cook time.
- Slice and serve with your favorite side dishes like baked potatoes.
- Make sure your dijon is gluten free. Most are but it is a good habit to always read the label.
- I used avocado oil, but you can use any oil that will handle high heat.
- This tenderloin will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older November 2018 post with more recipe details.
Simplifying the art of baking and cooking gluten-free recipes.