Shake things up with this quick and easy grilled pork tenderloin recipe. You will love how quickly this mustard crusted pork tenderloin marinates in this homemade mustard sauce.
It is time to vary your dinner menu from the same-old beef and chicken dishes and try this delicious honey mustard pork tenderloin recipe.
This post is dedicated to all of the busy parents who want to put a healthy family meal together in under 30 minutes!
Close your eyes and think of your weeknights. Do you often scramble to put together a healthy dinner for your family? This is one of our biggest challenges during the week. We are going in so many different directions, it is hard to carve out time to cook dinner.
You will love how quickly this pork tenderloin comes together, which leaves more time for making some healthy side dishes!
Why this recipe is so good:
This juicy quick and easy pork tenderloin is full of delicious honey dijon flavors. Kids love it, and even my picky one! You can grill this outside, or roast it in the oven. Best yet, it is ready in under 30 minutes.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this mustard marinade, which saves you time! If you love pork, you will want to check out these delicious gluten free ground pork recipes.
(*This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Farmer John Fresh Pork. All opinions are 100% mine.)
Farmer John California Natural Fresh Pork is made from 100% fresh pork, has no artificial ingredients, and comes in a variety of cuts, including boneless loins, chops, ribs, ground pork, tenderloins and more.
Their meats are easy to season, and even easier to cook when you are in a hurry! I love all of the choices! We often make amazing BBQ Pork Ribs too! You can check out this easy recipe.
What you need to make this:
- Pork tenderloin - If your tenderloin has a lot of fat, trim it off before coating in the honey dijon.
- Dijon mustard - You can use creamy style, like Trader Joe's, or a more seedy style. Double-check the ingredients to make sure the dijon you choose is gluten free.
- Honey - You can use basic wildflower honey. There is no need to use expensive local honey because the taste will be the same regardless of the quality of honey used.
- Garlic - Use freshly minced garlic or jarred minced garlic.
Recipe step by step directions:
Time is valuable and getting a healthy dinner on the table can be a daunting task! I am hoping these easy tips will be helpful for you.
Step 1: To make the mustard sauce for the pork loin, add the marinade ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Step 2: Rub the dijon honey marinade sauce all over the pork. You can marinate the pork and let it sit in the refrigerator for the flavors to soak in, or grill right away.
Step 3: To cook pork tenderloin on a gas grill, you need to preheat your grill to 400º F. I like to heat the grill to temperature, then use a grill brush to make sure the grille slats are clean.
Step 4: Close the lid and grill for 10 minutes. Open the grill lid and use tongs to flip the tenderloin slices over. Cook another 10 minutes and check the internal temperature with a thermometer.
What internal temperature for cooked pork? Pork tenderloin's internal temperature should measure 145º F when it is done cooking. You can check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
Step 5: Remove the cooked mustard tenderloin from the grill and place it on a platter. Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Pork Tenderloin Oven Instructions:
If you prefer to roast your dijon pork loin in the oven, follow the same directions to marinate the pork in the honey mustard sauce.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375º F. Put your tenderloin onto a rack in a roasting pan. Cover with foil and add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the pan.
Step 2: Pork tenderloin can dry out in the oven pretty easily so I like to cover it for the first 10-15 minutes of baking. Remove the foil and then it can get brown and crisp in the last half of baking time.
Step 3: Bake for 25 minutes until the tenderloin has an internal temperature of 145º F and looks brown and slightly crispy.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I like to cook the pork tenderloin directly on the grill, as shown above, but you can easily cook the pork tenderloin on foil if that is easier for you.
It takes anywhere from 10-18 minutes for pork tenderloin to cook on a grill. The actual time will depend on how thick the cut of tenderloin is.
You can marinate a pork tenderloin in the refrigerator up to 5 days maximum. Make sure it is in an air-tight container or ziplock bag.
This cooked tenderloin will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Cover the tenderloin with a piece of foil for the first half of baking. This will help keep some of the juiciness in the meat.
Here is a close up of the meat so you can see how juicy this pork tenderloin turned out. This recipe is naturally gluten free, and is paleo as well!
More gluten free pork recipes:
Dijon Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- 1 ½ pounds Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil * see note
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard * see note
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the grill to 400º F.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Coat all sides of the pork tenderloin with the marinade. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Open the grill lid and place the pork tenderloin onto the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. The pork tenderloin is done when the internal temperature is at least 145F.
- Note: You can also slice the pork tenderloin before grilling to speed up the cook time.
- Slice and serve with your favorite side dishes like baked potatoes.
- Make sure your dijon is gluten free. Most are but it is a good habit to always read the label.
- I used avocado oil, but you can use any oil that will handle high heat.
- This tenderloin will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon desserts e-cookbook!)