A gluten free waffle cone makes the perfect base for scoops of your favorite ice cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato. With this easy gluten free waffle cone recipe, you can make homemade waffle cones in a snap! Making gluten free waffle cones is fun, too!
When we were first learning how to eat gluten free, there were NO gluten free ice cream cones available in the stores. My kids always had to eat their ice cream in a bowl, suffering the trauma of not getting a cone.
Well, where there is desperation, there is creativity.”
When gluten free frozen waffles hit the market, my kids took matters into their own hands….literally :-).
Today, you can buy fancy gluten free cones at many grocery stores, but my kids still prefer to make their own gluten free ice cream cones. And why not…it is so fun to smoosh waffles flat!
How to Make Gluten Free Waffle Cones
1. Use your palm to flatten a defrosted gluten free waffle. The flatter the better!
2. Pick up one end of the waffle and prepare to roll.
3. See how thin my son/assistant got his waffle?
4. Proceed to roll the bottom at an angle to form a cone shape.
5. Keep rolling the waffle. Keep the bottom very tight in that cone shape.
6. This is what the cone will look like when rolled.
7. Pinch the bottom closed so ice cream won’t drip out when it melts.
8. Put a foil ball into the waffle.
9. Bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
- 4 gluten free waffles
- 1 strong hand
- 1 foil roll
- Defrost gluten free waffles in the microwave.
- With your hand, press down on the waffle to flatten.
- Roll into a cone shape.
- Pinch the bottom closed.
- Put a foil ball into the open cone side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and fill with ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 176mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 1g