A gluten free waffle cone makes the perfect base for scoops of your favorite ice cream, frozen yogurt, or gelato. With this easy gluten free waffle cone recipe, you can make homemade waffle cones in a snap!
Making gluten free waffle cones is fun, too! Fill it with one of these creamy homemade no-churn ice cream recipes! Well, where there is desperation, there is creativity."
When gluten free frozen waffles hit the market, my kids took matters into their own hands....literally :-).
Today, you can buy fancy gluten free cones at many grocery stores, but my kids still prefer to make their own gluten free ice cream cones. And why not...it is so fun to smoosh waffles flat!
When we were first learning how to eat gluten free, there were NO gluten free ice cream cones available in the stores. My kids always had to eat their ice cream in a bowl, suffering the trauma of not getting a cone.
1. Use your palm to flatten a defrosted gluten free waffle. The flatter the better!
2. Pick up one end of the waffle and prepare to roll.
3. See how thin my son/assistant got his waffle?
4. Proceed to roll the bottom at an angle to form a cone shape.
5. Keep rolling the waffle. Keep the bottom very tight in that cone shape.
6. This is what the cone will look like when rolled.
7. Pinch the bottom closed so ice cream won't drip out when it melts.
8. Put a foil ball into the waffle.
9. Bake for 10 minutes until crispy.
What brands of frozen waffles are gluten free?
There are quite a few great gluten free frozen waffles that you can buy in stores. We love Van's gluten free waffles, Kashi gluten free waffles (really check the label to make sure the ones you grab are gluten free!), Trader Joe's (wheatless), and now Eggo brand has a gluten free version of their waffles.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
How to Make a Gluten Free Waffle Cone
- 4 gluten free waffles
- 1 strong hand
- 1 foil roll
- Defrost gluten free waffles in the microwave.
- With your hand, press down on the waffle to flatten.
- Roll into a cone shape.
- Pinch the bottom closed.
- Put a foil ball into the open cone side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool and fill with ice cream.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)