Sweet juicy strawberries, cream cheese, and a delicious sweet crumble combine into the perfect gluten free dessert! Mouthwatering Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Bars recipe.
One bite and I promise you will be hooked too! If you love strawberries as much as we do, you will love this healthier gluten free strawberry oatmeal breakfast bars recipe too!
(* This post was sponsored by CK Mondavi. All delicious opinions are my own. Keep reading because CK Mondavi is giving away a trip for two to Napa, CA!)
I am really excited about this new strawberry bar recipe I created. I wanted to pull in foods that would pair with this delicious chardonnay by CK Mondavi. The sweet flavors of ripe strawberries pair beautifully with the lemon and citrus flavors of this wine.
If you have been following my blog for a while, you will remember I have created several recipes around CK Mondavi's wines. Here are some of my favorites:
- Grain Free Pizzas (Cooked on a grill!)
- Lemon Herb Chicken
- Gluten Free Eggnog Crinkle Cookies
- Roasted Orange Herb Chicken
Each of these recipes has a special CK Mondavi wine paired with it. I have wanted to add another dessert to the pairings so I hope you enjoy this new recipe! Wait until you try their Chardonnay, it is medium-bodied with a hint of oak...there are so many ways to enjoy it this summer.
Are you ready to see how easy these strawberry crumble bars are to make? Gather your ingredients!!
Let's start by making the crust.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. In another bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend and King Arthur's Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour ¾ of the crust into an 8x8 pan. (Reserve the remaining crust for the top crumble.)
Press the crust down in the pan.
Spread strawberry jam onto the crust dough.
Add sliced fresh strawberries on top of the jam.
Sprinkle the rest of the crust over the top of the bars, then add chunks of the cream cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Can you make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can now that there are some good dairy-free cream cheese brands out there. Try Kite Hill or Tofutti cream cheeses. If you can't have butter, substitute coconut oil.
Can you make this recipe nut-free?
I add almond flour to sneak in protein to balance out the sugar. If you can't eat nuts, simply increase the amount of gluten free flour blend to 1 ½ cups and omit the almond flour.
How long do these strawberry bars need to bake?
I baked my strawberry bars for 30 minutes. If your strawberries are very juicy, you may need to bake your bars 10 minutes longer to get the crust baked in the middle.
Can you use frozen strawberries?
You can use frozen strawberries, but you will need to thaw and drain off some of the liquid before adding to the crust. Otherwise, it will be too soggy.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Delicious Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Bars
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Wash and slice the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and egg. Make sure the melted butter is not hot. Add a little butter to the egg and whisk, this tempers the egg so it won't cook. Add the rest of the butter and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well. Pour ¾ of the crust mixture into the baking pan and press flat to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the jam over the crust, then add the strawberries.
- Top with chunks of cream cheese and the rest of the crumble crust mix.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your bars grainy.
- If you would like to make these bars dairy-free, you can substitute the butter for vegan stick butter and use a dairy-free cream cheese by Kite Hill or Daiya.
- These strawberry cream cheese bars will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)