These easy gluten free peanut butter cookie bars are something you MUST try. If you love chocolate and peanut butter, these cookies are for you.
I added M&Ms to my peanut butter cookie bars, but feel free to add your favorite mix-ins!!
Don’t you wish you could grab through the screen and take one of these yummy cookie bars?
If I had one recipe that I had to make over and over again, this would be it. These peanut butter bars are easy to make (just watch the video below!) and they just fill your mouth with peanut butter and chocolate. How awesome is that?
(Mr. Fearless Dining wants me to tell you that if you love peanut butter, you MUST check out these gluten free peanut butter cinnamon rolls!)
Showing you how easy it is to make gluten free peanut butter cookie bars from scratch is another great way for you to see how this recipe comes together.
These gluten free peanut butter bars are moist and chewy, and all things yummy. My kids devoured the first batch I made. That shouldn’t surprise you at all. That is how we roll in our house. If it doesn’t have a DON’T EAT ME sign on it, it is fair game.
Post Its are commonly seen on food both in the pantry, and in our refrigerator :-). This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe I have made and in order to make more, I have to make sure nobody eats all of the peanut butter!
For my recipe, I used M&Ms. Feel free to use dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or even bittersweet chocolate chunks. The sky is the limit as long as it is chocolate… because you know chocolate is just amazing with peanut butter.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. (I use a whisk to make sure they are all blended together.)
- Add all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well. (I melt my butter so that it blends a lot easier.)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate, lots of it.
- Mix the cookie dough, spread into an 8×8 pan, and bake.
I love when it is that easy!!
Mixing the gluten free cookie dough with M&Ms.
Ready to bake and become cookie bars.
I used peanut butter to make these cookies. You can use Sun Butter if you are allergic to peanuts. I used a regular peanut butter. You can use natural peanut butter, or even almond butter. You will find these cookie bars are very easy to customize in many different ways.
I like to balance my gluten free baking with almond flour. I love this brand because it is so finely ground. (Adding a bit of protein also helps to balance out the sugar in this recipe. If you can’t use almond flour, you can add 1/4 cup additional gluten free flour to the recipe.
And here they are ready to eat :-).
Fun Substitution Ideas for Mix-Ins to Try:
- Nuts like pecans or walnuts
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Butterfinger Candy Bars
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- An 8×8 baking pan.
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Almond flour ground finely to add a bit of protein to balance out the sugar :-).
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all wet ingredients. (You may need to soften the peanut butter in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften if it is hard.) Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add M&Ms or chocolate chips and mix well.
- Use coconut oil to grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Spread the cookie dough in the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool and slice into bars.
Baker's Secret 1107173 Signature Square Cake Pan, 8-Inch
Pamela's Products Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend, 4 Pound
Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour Super Fine Grind Gluten Free Cholesterol Free 3lbs
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 407 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 55mg Sodium: 259mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 24g Protein: 7g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try!