These gluten free blood orange cinnamon streusel muffins are perfect for a delicious snack. Topped with a cinnamon streusel, you will want to not miss a single crumb!
This week is all about blood oranges.
I haven’t had much of a chance to use these in my baking because they usually disappear pretty quickly in our house. Blood oranges have a distinctly sweet flavor and my kids just can’t get enough of them.
I promised my family muffins this week so I decided to use the one lonely blood orange instead of our usual blueberries. If you are looking for a delicious blueberry muffin recipe, try these gluten free blueberry muffins.
These gluten free coffee cake muffins are very quick to make.
I cut up the blood oranges into small bite-sized pieces.
Gently mix wet and dry ingredients together.
Mix up a simple streusel topping.
Pour the batter into lined muffin cups.
Top the batter with streusel topping.
Baked with the streusel topping.
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase with my affiliate link will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate and am grateful for your support.)
- 3/4 cup blood oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour blend, (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cups in a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk.
- Add blood oranges to wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold together to blend.
- Using a soup scoop, fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Add 1 tablespoon streusel topping on top of the muffin batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Remove from muffin pan onto cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 207 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 44mg Sodium: 136mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 2g
If you love muffins, give these paleo pears and cinnamon muffins a try!