These gluten free lemon curd stuffed coconut cupcakes are a delicious treat that my son loved.
You may ask why I say my son loved these. I created these gluten free coconut cupcakes for my lunch group, Ladies Who Lunch. I try to attend at least once a month, and I was so excited to try out a new dessert recipe on the ladies. I even tried to be nice and I purposefully left 3 extra, one for Mr. Fearless Dining and each child on the kitchen counter.
At least that was how it was supposed to work.
It was a Wednesday, and that is early dismissal day at school. My son came home and promptly ate two of the cupcakes….and part of the third. I couldn’t believe he did that :-).
You have to understand, I am not the type to limit what he eats. He eats really well (and often!) and is as skinny as a rail. But he stepped over an invisible line when he ate his sister’s cupcake.
I didn’t expect him to devour all of the gluten free cupcakes. When his sister came home from school, she was so mad. She did get her revenge by buying a box of gluten free girl scout cookies (with her own money) and then ate them in front of her brother. I did try to tell her to be the bigger person and share, but it didn’t go very well. TEENAGERS!!
My kids are funny that way.
We hope you like these gluten free lemon curd stuffed coconut cupcakes as much as my son did!
Have you seen this fun new kitchen gadget? It lets you easily scoop out the middle of a cupcake to add a filling. It was an add on item at Amazon for about $4 so I decided to give it a try.
I removed the middles and filled these coconut cupcakes with a delicious lemon curd I found at Trader Joe’s. You can also make your own with this easy homemade lemon curd recipe.
Top with frosting and these are hard to resist!!
Do you have that favorite kid snack that makes your kids do funny things like this?
Click here to see all of the gluten free dessert recipes on this blog.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon curd, for filling
- For Frosting:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water, add two and see if you need another
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, add all wet ingredients and mix for 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed and add dry ingredients slowly.
- Mix well.
- Put paper liners into a muffin tin and fill 3/4 the way with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
- Remove and put on cooling rack.
- Use scooper to remove the center of each cupcake.
- Fill each hole with lemon curd.
- In a mixer, add frosting ingredients and mix.
- Spread onto each cupcake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 458 Saturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 169mg Carbohydrates: 55g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 39g Protein: 4g
Here are some great recipes to enjoy before the cupcakes :-).
Appetizer: Paleo Lettuce Wraps with Chili Dipping Sauce