I am all about light and fluffy muffins, and these gluten free pumpkin muffins are no exception!
These moist gluten free pumpkin muffins are loaded with chocolate chips…and even better? They freeze well so you can make a double batch!
If you love pumpkin as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my yummy Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes!
Baking with Pumpkin
It may be a little early, but I can’t resist sharing my newest easy gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe with you. I will try over the fall season not to burn you out on pumpkin, but I am so excited to share this recipe with you!!
These muffins are so good, and you will never believe they have a lot of pumpkin puree in them!! (If you want a couple more stellar pumpkin recipes, try these recipes: Gluten Free Pumpkin Baby Ruth Bundt Cake or this Gluten Free Pumpkin Caramel Loaf.)
Here is a quick video to show you how easy these gluten free pumpkin muffins are to make. (Don’t forget to use coconut or almond yogurt if you want these to be gluten free.)
I am going to brag a little about these gluten free, dairy free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They are so light and fluffy!! Even with healthy pumpkin puree!”
These easy pumpkin muffins make a delicious snack, and they are healthy enough to be a grab and go breakfast. Here are my kids’ favorite gluten free muffin recipes.
We hope you love these gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins as much as we do!”
One of the best parts of being a food blogger is I can take bites of these muffins :-). Pumpkin muffins are so easy!
How do I make this pumpkin muffin recipe dairy-free?
To make these pumpkin muffins dairy-free, use So Delicious almond or coconut milk yogurt! Kite Hill is another great dairy-free yogurt brand that would also work in this muffin recipe.
Gluten free and dairy free pumpkin muffins that are light and fluffy!
Can I make this gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe nut-free?
This recipe does call for almond flour. If you prefer to skip the nut flour, substitute 1/4 additional gluten free flour blend instead of the almond flour.
These gluten free, dairy-free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are so easy to make!
First, let’s talk about pumpkin puree. I used canned organic pumpkin to make this muffin recipe. You can also use a non-organic pumpkin puree, but make sure it doesn’t have pumpkin spice in it. It is very easy to make your own pumpkin puree.
How to Roast a Pumpkin:
- Cut a pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and brush olive oil on the pumpkin flesh.
- Roast the pumpkin skin side down in a baking pan for 40 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- To make your puree, you will want to scoop out the cooked pumpkin and add it to a blender. Add a little water so that your puree is very smooth. If the pumpkin puree is too thick, it will prevent these muffins from getting light and fluffy.
Ingredients you need to make these light and fluffy pumpkin muffins:
- pumpkin puree
- gluten free flour
- almond flour
- baking powder, soda, and salt
- brown sugar or coconut sugar
- chocolate chips
- coconut oil
How to make these easy gluten free pumpkin muffins:
Whisk together your wet ingredients.
Muffin Batter Mixing Tip:
Add the pumpkin and yogurt mixture together and stir slowly and gently. The secret to fluffy muffins is to NOT over-mix the batter. You can read even more great tips about muffins. Who knew that making muffins was a science?
This photo shows you the batter consistency you want for this muffin recipe.
Fun Mix-Ins and Substitutions:
I love varying the mix-ins in this recipe. Feel free to try some of these ideas:
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
- Pecans or walnuts
Tools You Need To Make This Simple Pumpkin Muffin Recipe:
- Mixing bowls. The secret to light and fluffy muffins is to “just” mix the batter enough. If you over-mix, they will be denser. These rubber bottom mixing bowls don’t slide around so you can mix easier.
- Muffin pan. This is how you get those super cute muffin shapes :-).
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, Use Enjoy Life if you want these to be dairy free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently. Do not over-mix this batter or they will not be as fluffy.
- Put paper liners into a muffin tin. Fill each muffin paper 3/4 to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and put the muffins onto a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 291 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 182mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 17g Protein: 5g
More Yummy Muffin Recipes to Try!