I am all about light and fluffy muffins, and these gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are no exception!
It may be a little early, but I can’t resist sharing my newest easy gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe with you. I will try over the fall season not to burn you out on pumpkin, but I am so excited to share this recipe with you!! These muffins are so good, and you will never believe they have a lot of pumpkin puree in them!! (If you want a couple more stellar pumpkin recipes, try these recipes: Gluten Free Pumpkin Baby Ruth Bundt Cake or this Gluten Free Pumpkin Caramel Loaf.)
This moist muffin recipe makes a perfect grab and go breakfast for those busy school mornings!
Here is a quick video to show you how easy these gluten free pumpkin muffins are to make. (Don’t forget to use coconut or almond yogurt if you want these to be gluten free.)
I am going to brag a little about these gluten free, dairy free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They are so light and fluffy!! Even with healthy pumpkin puree! These easy pumpkin muffins make a delicious snack, and they are healthy enough to be a grab and go breakfast.
We hope you love these gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins as much as we do!
One of the best parts about being a food blogger is I can take bites of these muffins :-). Pumpkin muffins are so easy!
To make these pumpkin muffins dairy free, use So Delicious almond or coconut milk yogurt! Gluten free and dairy free pumpkin muffins that are light and fluffy!
These gluten free, dairy free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are so easy to make!
First, let’s talk about pumpkin puree. I used a canned organic pumpkin to make this muffin recipe. You can also use a non-organic pumpkin puree, but make sure it doesn’t have pumpkin spice in it. It is very easy to make your own pumpkin puree.
How to Roast a Pumpkin:
- Cut a pumpkin in half.
- Scoop out the seeds and brush olive oil on the pumpkin flesh.
- Roast the pumpkin skin side down in a baking pan for 40 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- To make your puree, you will want to scoop out the cooked pumpkin and add it to a blender. Add a little water so that your puree is very smooth. If the pumpkin puree is too thick, it will prevent these muffins from getting light and fluffy.
How to make gluten free pumpkin muffins:
Whisk together your wet ingredients.
Muffin Batter Mixing Tip:
Add the pumpkin and yogurt mixture together and stir slowly and gently. The secret to fluffy muffins is to NOT over-mix the batter. You can read even more great tips about muffins. Who knew that making muffins was a science?
This photo shows you the batter consistency.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Mixing bowls. The secret to light and fluffy muffins is to “just” mix the batter enough. If you over mix, they will be denser. These rubber bottom mixing bowls don’t slide around so you can mix easier.
- Muffin pan. This is how you get those super cute muffin shapes :-).
Light and fluffy gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips Use Enjoy Life if you want these to be dairy free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently. Do not over-mix this batter or they will not be as fluffy.
- Put paper liners into a muffin tin. Fill each muffin paper 3/4 to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and put the muffins onto a cooling rack.
More Yummy Muffin Recipes to Try!