These crispy gluten free breaded chicken tenders make a fun meal the whole family will love. They are cooked on sticks, making them perfect for dipping! Dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!
(*This post was sponsored by Mon Chateau. All opinions are my own.)
My kids were pretty excited about this recipe. Serve anything on a stick, and it automatically tastes better and is more fun to eat. Maybe not in reality, but sticks have a big appeal with my kids!
If you have been looking for a fun new dinner recipe to try, chicken on a stick is a great way to make dinner fun! I made this gluten free breaded chicken tenders recipe in my air fryer, but I also include oven-baked directions too!
We make a lot of chicken dinners here in the Fearless Dining household. If you love easy chicken dinners, check out all of my easy gluten free chicken recipes.
Sur La Table Air Fryer:
- This air fryer was very precise in how it cooked.
- It created a beautifully crisp coating for these gluten free breaded chicken tenders.
- There are lots of attachments and different cooking options including a rotisserie! This is the best air fryer with rotisserie!! The directions are easy and the air fryer comes with the attachments.
- The digital screen is really user-intuitive and easy to use.
- When making breaded foods, it can get messy due to crumbs falling into the area near the door.
- Chicken - Although I used chicken breast tenders, you can cut boneless chicken thighs and use those too.
- Gluten free bread crumbs - You can use gluten free panko or bread crumbs. It is also very easy to make your own gluten free bread crumbs!
How to make gluten free breaded chicken tenders:
Step 1: To make these air fried chicken skewers, season your chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add a piece of chicken and coat in the egg mixture.
Step 3: Add seasonings to the bread crumbs and whisk to mix. Dip in a piece of chicken and press it into the crumbs to coat both sides.
Step 4: Take a skewer and insert it into the chicken tender. These air-fried chicken skewers are fun to eat with these sticks.
Step 5: Spray the air fryer rack with oil. Place the chicken skewers onto the rack. Spray the chicken tenders with oil. This helps with getting the chicken crispy like fried.
HINT: I recommend using a high heat tolerant oil like avocado or canola.
Step 6: Place the drip pan at the bottom of the air fryer. Gently set the rack with the chicken on the middle row. Set the temperature to 370º F and cook for 16 minutes.
Sauces for dipping:
Dipping these gluten free breaded chicken tenders is optional, but so fun! Here are some dips to try:
- Ketchup - This is pretty standard but this is my kids' favorite.
- The curry dipping sauce in my baked french fries recipe is perfect for these chicken tenders.
- Sky Valley makes the best gluten free peanut sauce. That is pictured above. It is available in most grocery stores or online.
- Ranch dressing is another really great option!
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can easily make them without the skewers.
These chicken tenders will keep for up to 4 days in an air-tight container or up to 4 months in the freezer. Reheat in the oven to re-crisp them.
I dip the chicken tenders in egg then the breading so the breading has something to stick to.
That is where the air fryer comes in! It makes your chicken tenders crispy on the outside but keeps them juicy on the inside.
You can measure the internal temperature of the chicken tenders. You want them to be 165º F.
You can reheat your chicken tenders in several ways. You can reheat the chicken tenders in your air fryer. Place the chicken into the air fryer basket and reheat them at 350º F for 4-6 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the side of your chicken tenders.
You can also reheat your chicken tenders in the oven at 350º F for 10 minutes.
If you don't care if they stay crispy, you can reheat the chicken tenders in the microwave oven for 45-60 seconds.
More gluten free chicken recipes:
- Gluten Free Chicken and Waffles
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Tenders Skewers
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ½ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg size large
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat the air fryer on 370º F for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the gluten free bread crumbs and parmesan. Mix well.
- In another bowl, add the egg and scramble it.
- Mix the seasonings together and mix well.
- Lay the chicken on a plate and sprinkle both sides iwth the seasoning mix.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg, then immediately put in the bread crumb parmesan mixture. Turn and press to coat all sides of the chicken.
- Place onto an oiled air fryer tray or basket.
- Insert a skewer into each breaded chicken tender.
- Repeat until all of the chicken is coated. Spray the chicken tenders with oil.
- Air fry at 370º F for 15-17 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken tenders.
- You will know they are finished cooking when they are 165º F.
- You can use store-bought gluten free bread crumbs like Alexia or Ians or make your own gluten free bread crumbs.
- Dip the gluten free chicken skewers in ketchup, ranch, this curry dipping sauce, or try Sky Valley gluten free peanut sauce!
- These skewers will keep for up to 4 days in an air-tight container or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon desserts e-cookbook!)