If you love candied ginger's sharp, sweet flavor, you will love it in my new gluten-free candied ginger biscotti recipe! Crunchy with just the right amount of ginger makes this gluten free biscotti perfect to dunk in coffee or hot cocoa!
I am not sure what is wrong with me! I love biscotti and buy gluten free biscotti from our favorite local coffee place all of the time, but I have never made my own gluten free biscotti from scratch.
Has this happened to you? There is a food you love, but it just never occurs to you to make it for yourself. Here I am kicking myself...there are so many flavor possibilities to now try!
If you love biscotti as much as we do, you will want to try this Gluten Free Gingerbread Biscotti too!
You should also try this gluten free biscotti with chocolate chips!
Why Try This Recipe:
- This is the ultimate gluten free holiday biscotti recipe. I used candied ginger white and combined this with white chocolate. These flavors taste so good in my coffee; I confess I indulged a bit too much in these.
- You can make this biscotti and enjoy it in about 30 minutes!
- Biscotti freezes really well, so you can have it any time if you freeze the extras!
Tip, if you are at all like Mr. Fearless Dining and me, I highly suggest you make a double batch because this recipe only makes 8 pieces total...and wow, those don't last very long!
And if you love candied ginger, check out this recipe for this Gluten Free Maple Ginger Butternut Squash Tart!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend - I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work. I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan Gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Baking Powder - I recommend aluminum-free.
- Candied Ginger - You can buy it in large chunks or smaller pieces. You can use either, depending on how much ginger flavor you want.
- Butter - Use unsalted
- Eggs - Size large.
Add in your favorite mix-ins for a variety of flavors.
- Instead of candied ginger, try dried cranberries, chocolate chips, or heath candy bits.
- Try adding nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the biscotti, you can dip it in the white chocolate...or enjoy it plain.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk to blend them together.
Step 2: In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and add your mix-ins. Mix well.
Step 4: Note the consistency of the biscotti dough. You want to be able to work it with your hands.
Step 5: Flatten the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick and place it on parchment paper. Bake at 350º F.
Step 6: Halfway through baking, cut the biscotti slices. Flip each piece onto its side, and resume baking for 10 minutes. Flip again to bake the other side for 5-8 minutes.
Step 7: Remove the candied ginger biscotti from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Your biscotti should be pretty crisp and crunchy. If you will drizzle melted white chocolate, do it when your biscotti is cooled.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I like to use Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers, but most gluten free white chocolate chips will work.
This biscotti will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container or up to 4 months in the freezer.
You can make this biscotti with any mix-ins you like!
Drizzle on white chocolate....this melts into your coffee and makes it so good!
More Fun Gluten Free Holiday Recipes:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Pfeffernusse Cookies
- Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
Gluten Free Candied Ginger White Chocolate Biscotti
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips for mixing into batter
- ¼ cup optional white chocolate chips to melt for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend. (If your gluten free flour blend doesn't contain xanthan gum, add ½ teaspoon.)
- In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add ginger and chips and mix well.
- Put the dough onto parchment paper and press to an oval about 1 inch thickness.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cut the slices and turn each onto its side. Bake another 10-15 minutes until the biscotti are hard.
- *optional, drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- These biscotti will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Feel free to use any mix-ins you like. This is a great gluten free biscotti base recipe so have fun with it.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free holiday cookies baking tips!)