If you love candied ginger’s sharp, tangy, sweet flavor, you will love it in my new gluten free candied ginger biscotti recipe! Crunchy with just enough ginger, this gluten free biscotti is perfect to dunk in coffee or hot cocoa!
Mr. Fearless Dining and I are huge biscotti fans. It is perfect dunked in coffee and for snacking. I have a few flavors on the blog, with more fun flavors in the works. If there are any flavors you want to see me create, send me an email!
Why Try This Recipe:
- This is the ultimate gluten free holiday biscotti recipe. I used candied ginger white and combined this with white chocolate. These flavors taste so good in my coffee; I confess I indulged a bit too much in these.
- You can make this biscotti and enjoy it in about 30 minutes!
- Biscotti freezes really well, so you can have it any time if you freeze the extras!
Tip: if you are at all like Mr. Fearless Dining and me, I highly suggest you make a double batch because this recipe only makes eight pieces total…and wow, those don’t last very long!
And if you love candied ginger, check out this recipe for this Gluten Free Maple Ginger Butternut Squash Tart!
This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free, and nut-free. See the substitutions for dairy-free and gum-free swaps.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn’t mean others will not work. I just have not tested other flours.
- Xanthan Gum – If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Baking Powder – I recommend aluminum-free.
- Candied Ginger – You can buy it in large chunks or smaller pieces. You can use either, depending on how much ginger flavor you want.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter.
- Eggs – Size large.
- White Chocolate
Tips For Sucess:
- Be sure to bake the biscotti on both sides after you cut it. This is how biscotti gets its famous crispiness.
- Cut the candied ginger into small bits so you don’t get some bites that are really strong.
- To make this gluten free ginger biscotti gum-free, use my DIY Gluten Free Flour Blend. It uses psyllium husk as a binder instead of xanthan or guar gum.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, use plant-based butter and dairy-free white chocolate like the Enjoy Life brand.
Add in your favorite mix-ins for a variety of flavors.
- Instead of candied ginger, try dried cranberries, chocolate chips, or heath candy bits.
- Try adding nuts like walnuts or pecans.
- Instead of drizzling white chocolate over the biscotti, dip it in the white chocolate…or enjoy it plain.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350º F. In a large
Step 2: In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
Step 3: Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and add your mix-ins. Mix well. You can also make this dough in a stand mixer if you prefer.
Step 4: Note the consistency of the biscotti dough. You want to be able to work it with your hands.
Step 5: Flatten the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick and place it on parchment paper. Bake at 350º F.
Step 6: Halfway through baking, cut the biscotti slices. Flip each piece onto its side and resume baking for 10 minutes. Flip again to bake the other side for 5-8 minutes.
Step 7: Remove the candied ginger biscotti from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Your biscotti should be pretty crisp and crunchy. If you will drizzle melted white chocolate, do it when your biscotti is cooled.
I like to use Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers, but most gluten free white chocolate chips will work.
You can make this biscotti with any mix-ins you like!
This biscotti should be stored in an airtight container. It will last up to 4 days or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Drizzle on white chocolate….this melts into your coffee and makes it so good!
More Fun Gluten Free Holiday Recipes:
- Gluten Free Eggnog Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Pfeffernusse Cookies
- Eggnog Bread Pudding
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars
Gluten Free Candied Ginger White Chocolate Biscotti
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup chopped candied ginger
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips for mixing into batter
- ¼ cup optional white chocolate chips to melt for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a bowl, add dry ingredients and whisk to blend. (If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum, add 1/2 teaspoon.)
- In a smaller bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Add ginger and chips and mix well.
- Put the dough onto parchment paper and press to an oval about 1 inch thickness.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven. Cut the slices and turn each onto its side. Bake another 10-15 minutes until the biscotti are hard.
- *optional, drizzle melted white chocolate on top.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn’t mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- These biscotti will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Feel free to use any mix-ins you like. This is a great gluten free biscotti base recipe so have fun with it.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older October 2016 post with more recipe details.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!