This light and fluffy French Vanilla Mousse is the easiest mousse recipe you can make. Delicious with a light, sweet flavor, you will want to make this over and over again!
All you need are just a few ingredients and you are on your way to making this easy vanilla mousse recipe! Check out all of my delicious mousse recipes.
Click for Table of Contents:
French Vanilla Flavors
If you love mousse, this easy French Vanilla Mousse will be fun to make. To me, French vanilla has a much more intense vanilla flavor that is hard to beat. I did use a vanilla bean in this recipe. You just need to scrape the seeds and add them into the whipped cream. You can also use vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
I have to admit, I almost feel guilty sharing this mousse recipe with you. This creamy mousse is so easy to make, it only has 3 simple ingredients. You may consider pinning this recipe now so you don't lose track of where you saw it :-).
More Delicious Mousse Recipes
Just in case your family loves mousse as much as mine does, try these delicious mousse recipes:
- Fresh Raspberry Mousse recipe. It is hands down one of the most popular mousse recipes on my blog.
- Miso Caramel Mousse is fun and uses miso in a totally different way!
- White Chocolate Mocha Mousse is a fun take on Starbucks white chocolate mocha flavored coffee.
We hope you love this easy 3 ingredients French vanilla mousse too!!
Making a mousse is not hard to make. Let me show you how easy this mousse is to make for dessert.
How to make the vanilla mousse:
Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks are formed.
Fun Mousse Topping Ideas:
Top this mousse any way you like or don't. You can dress this easy vanilla dessert any way you like!
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
- Or, just enjoy it plain as our family did!
Put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill. Pipe into glassware, a bowl, a mug, or any fun single serve dish.
How do you thicken mousse without gelatin?
For this recipe, I didn't want to use gelatin. The best way to thicken mousse without gelatin is to make sure your whipped cream forms stiff peaks when you whip it.
How long do you refrigerate mousse?
I recommend you refrigerate this mousse for at least two hours. You can put it into the freezer for 45 minutes to one hour if you would like it to chill faster.
More Vanilla Recipes to Try!
Tools You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Electric mixer. This is what whips up this French vanilla creamer into your whipped cream.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped so you get the seeds only)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pour the whipping cream into a bowl. Use an electric mixer on high speed to beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla beans. Mix on low speed for 10 seconds to blend.
- Put into a container and chill for 2 hours.
(*if you don't have a vanilla bean, use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.