If s'mores are your thing, these gluten free chocolate brownie s'mores tarts are just for you. Graham cracker crust with a brownie baked inside.
Top with marshmallows that get all melted in and you will LOVE this easy gluten free dessert recipe. If you are a chocolate fanatic like we are, you will want to try all of my best gluten free chocolate desserts!
It seems like I am late for every foodie celebration...every year I seem to post my recipe for National S'mores Day the day after the big event. But this time I am just in time to get this delicious dessert recipe to you to try for Valentine's Day!
I know the big day is coming in a couple of weeks, so you have plenty of time to get the ingredients you will need to make this. My lateness is because it takes me a long time to come up with something unique, then I must test it out a couple of times to make sure it is unforgettable.
My kids think recipe testing is just awful, to be forced to eat warm gooey chocolate s'mores recipes. Pure torture LOL!
They hope you like this gluten free s'mores brownie tart as much as they did!
I think this dessert is a success so dig into this gluten free s'mores brownie tart and let me know what you think! Are you ready to make this easy brownie tart recipe?
- Gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- Almond flour
- Coconut sugar
- Almond milk
- Baking powder
- Gluten free flour
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened
The tart crust is made with gluten free graham crackers and almond meal. The moist and chocolaty middle is a fudge brownie...and the melted marshmallows on top make it complete. The almond meal crust helps add some protein and balance out the sugars in this gluten free s' mores recipe.
Add your dry brownie ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
In another bowl, add your wet ingredients and whisk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Let the mixture sit while you make the tart crust. Add your graham cracker crumbs, almond flour, coconut sugar, and butter in a bowl. Mix well.
Press the crust mixture into the mini tart pans. Pour the brownie batter on top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and put mini marshmallows onto each tart. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Can you make these tarts without a tart pan?
You can easily make these without a tart pan. Press your crust into an 8x8 pan and then pour your brownie batter on top. Bake for 25 minutes, add the marshmallows.
Can you make this tart nut-free?
Yes, you can make this brownie tart nut-free by omitting the almond flour. You will want to increase the gluten free graham cracker amount to make up for the lack of almond flour.
I asked my daughter to help me do the photoshoot for this dessert in hopes of getting the perfect stretchy marshmallow shot. She called in for reinforcements, (aka her brother and dad) and this is what happened:
Yup, my little traitors started eating as I was snapping my camera. I had to work really fast because these were getting devoured so quickly. If my family's reaction is any testament, this is a tasty tart recipe to make :-). Wheat free and Celiac safe.
More Delicious Tart Recipes to Try:
- No-Bake Fruit Tarts
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Tart with Vanilla Custard
- No-Bake Fig Tarts
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Tart
- Mini round tart pans. I love these and the bottoms are removable so your tarts pop out of the mold easily!
- Almond flour. My very favorite brand...and it hides some protein into this snack. Your kids will never know!
- Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crumbs. These make it so easy to enjoy that graham cracker taste.
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie S'mores Tarts
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press crust dough into 4 tart pans (Mine were 4.75 inch tart pans)
- In a large bowl, add all brownie ingredients and mix well.
- Put brownie mixture into each tart pan on top of the crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until brownie is done.
- Put marshmallows on top of brownie tarts.
- Either use a kitchen torch to brown/melt marshmallows, or put in the oven on broil for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Here is my s'mores recipe from last year....S'mores Fondue!
(*This post was updated from an older February 2017 post.)