Do you need a quick and easy last-minute dessert recipe? This s’mores chocolate fondue is ready in just minutes. Gooey, rich melted chocolate deserves special treatment, and when topped with crushed gluten free graham crackers and marshmallows…it is over-the-top amazing!
This quick and easy s’mores chocolate fondue is a popular treat for dessert. Several months ago, we dined at a fun fondue restaurant in Sunnyvale, California, called Rok Bistro; This restaurant has a very extensive and unique fondue menu.
One fondue stood out on their menu, but it wasn’t available gluten free. Can you guess which one? If you have been reading my blog for a bit, you know I take these challenges personally and make every effort to develop a gluten free version of things I love.
Why Make This Fondue:
- S’mores fondue….doesn’t that sound incredible?? I am so glad I created a fun copycat recipe for everyone to enjoy!
- This fondue heats in just minutes, and you can dip so many fun kinds of fruit and cookies into it! I decided to create my own version of this easy chocolate fondue with lots of gluten free graham crackers and marshmallows!
- This recipe is so easy to make, almost fool-proof!! Grab some fruit, cookies, cake, and any other dip-worthy treats!
If you love chocolate as much as we do, you must check out these amazing gluten free chocolate recipes too!
Tips For Sucess:
- Cook the ingredients on low heat and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Do not turn the temperature too high on the fondue pot. The chocolate can get dried out over time.
- Chocolate – I love to use Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers in this recipe.
- Heavy Cream – Use any brand but do not use half and half, or it won’t turn out the same.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – I prefer pure vanilla over imitation vanilla.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers – Several brands make these. I like Pamela’s brand.
- Marshmallows – I prefer the Dandies brand.
I have been using this fondue pot for years. I love how long it has held up! It is perfect for melting cheese for savory fondue and chocolate for sweet fondue.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Add all your ingredients to a small pot. Cook on low heat to slowly melt the ingredients together.
Step 2: Simmer over low heat until all ingredients are melted. Stir frequently to prevent the chocolate on the bottom from getting burned. (Sorry for the blurry picture, but I wanted to show you how it looks as the chocolate melts!)
Step 3: Pour into a fondue pot. My favorite is this fondue pot by Nostalgia because it has excellent reviews and a wide range of heat settings. It is all stainless steel and a lot cheaper than many sets.
🔑 Sandi says: Another reason I love this brand is that clean-up is easy, which is a major requirement for me because I hate to scrub things.
If you love chocolate as much as I do, you will also want to try this creamy Chocolate Custard recipe!
Things To Dip In Chocolate Fondue:
OMG, there are so many incredible options for dipping! Obviously, fresh fruit like grapes, strawberries, orange slices, pineapple, and raspberries. Here are some more favorites:
- Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
- These Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Donuts are crazy good dipped in chocolate!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- Gluten Free Pretzels
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Most marshmallow brands are gluten free, including Kraft Jet-Puffed, which you see in most stores, but I highly recommend the brand Dandies Marshmallows, because they use real sugar and not corn syrup!
There are a couple of gluten free graham cracker brands out there that are great. My favorites are Pamela’s Honey Grahams and Schar Honeygrams.
This chocolate fondue should keep fresh for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Delicious Chocolate Desserts to Try:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Pops
- Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Quick and Easy S’mores Chocolate Fondue
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 12 ounces Melting chocolate * see note
- 1 cup heavy cream * see note
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 box gluten free graham crackers
- ½ cup marshmallows * see note
- Fruits cookies, or any other things to dip into the s’mores
- In a medium saucepan, add chocolate, cream, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat until all chocolate has melted.
- Stir often.
- Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot.
- Turn up heat on fondue pot to medium.
- Add 5-8 large marshmallows.
- Allow marshmallows to melt.
- Add gluten free graham crackers on top.
- (Optional: Using a quick flame device, or chef’s torch, quickly fire the top of the marshmallows to allow to get “cooked.”)
- Use high-quality chocolate. I like to use Ghirardelli chocolate best.
- Make sure to stir your chocolate frequently while it melts to avoid the bottom from burning.
- I use heavy cream. Do not use half and half.
- I like to use Dandies Marshmallows because they don’t have corn syrup.
- Several companies make gluten free graham crackers including Schar and Pamela’s.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an old February 2015 post with more recipe details.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!
(*This post was updated with more details on making this recipe.)