Do you need a quick and easy last-minute dessert recipe? This s'mores chocolate fondue is ready in just minutes. Gooey rich melted chocolate deserves special treatment and when topped with crushed gluten free graham crackers and marshmallows...it is over the top amazing!
Grab some fruit, cookies, cake, and any other dip worthy treats! If you love chocolate as much as we do, you must check out these amazing gluten free chocolate recipes too!
Click for Table of Contents:
This quick and easy s'mores chocolate fondue is a popular treat for dessert. Several months ago we dined at a fun fondue restaurant in Sunnyvale, California called Rok Bistro, in addition to cooking on lava rocks, this restaurant has a very extensive and unique fondue menu.
One fondue stood out on their menu, but it wasn't available gluten free. Can you guess which one? If you have been reading my blog for a bit, you know I take these challenges personally and make every effort to develop a gluten free version of things I love.
Gluten free chocolate fondue is so easy to make at home, and it is perfect for Valentine's Day or any party!"
S'mores fondue....doesn't that just sound incredible?? What is a fondue loving girl to do?
I decided I had to create my own version of this easy chocolate fondue with lots of gluten free graham crackers and marshmallows!
What marshmallows are gluten free?
Most marshmallow brands are gluten free, including Kraft Jet-Puffed that you see in most stores, but I highly recommend the brand Dandies Marshmallows, because they use real sugar and not corn syrup!
This chocolate fondue recipe is so easy that my kids can easily make it!! Just add all ingredients to a chocolate melting pot.
What is the best chocolate to use for chocolate fondue?
Simmer over low heat until all ingredients are melted. Stir frequently to avoid the chocolate on the bottom from getting burned. (Sorry for the blurry picture, but I wanted to show you how it looks as the chocolate melts!)
If you love chocolate as much as I do, you will also want to try this creamy Chocolate Custard recipe!
What are the best gluten free graham crackers?
There are a couple of gluten free graham cracker brands out there that are great. My favorites are Pamela's Honey Grahams and Schar Honeygrams.
Pour into a fondue pot. My favorite is this fondue pot by Nostalgia because it not only has excellent reviews, but it also has a wide range of heat settings. It is all stainless steel and is a lot cheaper than a lot of sets.
Clean up is easy, which is a major requirement for me because I hate to scrub things.
More Delicious Chocolate Desserts to Try:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Pops
- Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Things to dip in:
OMG, there are so many incredible options for dipping! Obviously fresh fruit like grapes, strawberries, orange slice, pineapple, and raspberries. Here are some more favorites:
- Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
- These Gluten Free Chocolate Orange Donuts are crazy good dipped in chocolate!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls
Quick and Easy S'mores Chocolate Fondue
- 1 bag Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box gluten free graham crackers
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Fruits cookies, or any other things to dip into the s'mores
- In a medium saucepan, add chocolate, cream, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat until all chocolate has melted.
- Stir often.
- Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot.
- Turn up heat on fondue pot to medium.
- Add 5-8 large marshmallows.
- Allow marshmallows to melt.
- Add gluten free graham crackers on top.
- (Optional: Using a quick flame device, or chef's torch, quickly fire the top of the marshmallows to allow to get "cooked.")
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)
(*This post was updated with more details on making this recipe.)