If you are a chocolate fan like I am, you will appreciate that it is always a good time to indulge in some decadent gluten free chocolate desserts. Many of these recipes are gluten and dairy-free desserts.
There is something about how chocolate tastes when it hits your tongue that instantly makes you feel better. Each of these easy gluten free chocolate dessert recipes will knock your socks off with how good they are!
- Cooking and Baking with Chocolate:
- Best Brands of Chocolate for Baking:
- Which Ghirardelli Chocolates Are Gluten Free?
- What Dairy-free Chocolate Works in desserts?
- Is Baker's Chocolate Gluten Free?
- What Sugar-Free Chocolate is Gluten Free?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- The Best Chocolate Truffles
- Gluten Free Chocolate Tart
- Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake
- Rich Chocolate Custard
- Gluten Free Edible Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake
- Fearless Dining
- 💬 Comments
If you love chocolate, this collection of my best chocolate recipes is for you! You feel almost sinful when you sink your teeth into these gluten free chocolate recipes.
I have made each of these desserts, which are tried and true delicious. I love them, my family loves them, and nobody can tell they are gluten free. These are truly the best gluten free chocolate desserts!
Shopping for gluten-free ingredients is much easier when you have time to plan a little. I have made a couple of guides to help you with shopping, and it won’t be so overwhelming. Gluten Free Costco Shopping Guide and The Ultimate Walmart Gluten Free Shopping Guide are full of very useful information.
Cooking and Baking with Chocolate:
- The easiest way to melt chocolate is in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can put water in a saucepan and begin to boil, then place a glass bowl on top of the pan. Place the chocolate inside and continuously stir until melted. It can burn quickly if you aren’t careful.
- Never add a cold liquid like milk or butter to melted chocolate. Adding cold to the hot chocolate will cause it to seize, resulting in a clumpy mess that is grainy and not too appetizing. Once in a while, you can save seized chocolate, but it doesn’t always work.
- Chocolate is also great for drizzling onto desserts. Just melt in the microwave at 10-second intervals and stir.
For the price and quality, you can't go wrong with Anthony's Cocoa Powder. They test it to ensure it is below 20 ppm.
Best Brands of Chocolate for Baking:
There are many good kinds of chocolate for baking. I love to use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate in my recipes. High-quality chocolate does make a difference in cooking and baking. Here are my favorites
- Ghirardelli - This company makes several cocoa powders depending on the flavor you're looking for. They also make good chocolate melting wafers in a dark, milk, and white chocolate. They are the only gluten free melting wafer I know of. Wilton is made on shared equipment with wheat.
- Anthonys - this is probably the best deal for your money. Anthony's uses high-quality cocoa and sells their big bags on Amazon.
- Hersheys - If you can't find one of the above brands, Hershey's Cocoa Powder is gluten free and safe to use.
Which Ghirardelli Chocolates Are Gluten Free?
All of Ghirardelli's chocolate are gluten free, with the exception of their crisp bars.
What Dairy-free Chocolate Works in desserts?
Enjoy Life brand makes wonderful chocolate chips free of the Top 8 allergens. They taste delicious, and you will never know they are dairy-free.
Is Baker's Chocolate Gluten Free?
Baker's chocolate is gluten free. Just note that Baker's chocolate is not sweetened. My son found out the hard way by grabbing a piece and biting into it.
What Sugar-Free Chocolate is Gluten Free?
Lily's makes delicious gluten free and sugar-free chocolate. Their chocolate bars and chocolate chips are both very easy to use.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy chocolate? I love that deep dark chocolate flavor. All these Gluten Free Chocolate Recipes are bursting with chocolate...try a few and let me know which you like best!
If you love dessert as much as we do, don't forget to check out my delicious gluten free dessert recipes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes
If you love cupcakes, these homemade gluten free chocolate cupcakes are amazing. Top them with my chocolate buttercream frosting!
Gluten Free Brownies
These fudgy gluten free brownies are also dairy-free, so everyone can enjoy them! They are easy to make. Add in optional chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
This incredibly rich gluten free chocolate cake gets rave reviews. It is perfect for any celebration. Top it with my chocolate cream cheese frosting!
The Best Chocolate Truffles
If you love chocolate, you need to try my easy truffles recipe. These are high-quality truffles that taste as if they come from a chocolate shop! I include four different ways to coat them!
Gluten Free Chocolate Tart
This fun gluten free chocolate tart is made with rich chocolate custard. It is baked into a chocolate crumb tart shell. It is a winning combination with or without the caramel sauce!
Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake
This gluten free devil's food cake is made for chocolate lovers. It is an old family recipe that I converted to gluten free. It is made the old-fashioned way and tastes incredible.
Rich Chocolate Custard
If you haven't tried making custard, this chocolate custard recipe is so easy to make. It has a rich chocolate flavor!
Gluten Free Edible Chocolate Cookie Dough
If you are the type of person who loves eating cookie dough out of the bowl, this edible gluten free chocolate cookie dough recipe is for you. It has no eggs, so it is safe to eat by the spoonful!
Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Cake
This is Mr. Fearless Dining's favorite birthday cake. This gluten free chocolate raspberry layer cake has rich layers of chocolate cake, with raspberry filling between each layer! It is topped with chocolate buttercream frosting.
Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
If you love chocolate cake but want a small portion, try this Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake. You can make this decadent cake in your microwave oven in under 3 minutes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Cups
If you are looking for a great dessert for entertaining or a buffet, these Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Cups are perfect. Fill them with chocolate mousse, frosting, pudding, or any filling you like!
Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake
This decadent, rich Gluten Free Chocolate Pound Cake was a family recipe one of my readers asked me to convert to gluten free. It is topped with a creamy chocolate ganache.
This post was updated from an older January 2019 post with more delicious recipe ideas.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!