If you are a chocolate fan like I am, you will appreciate the fact that it is always a good time to indulge in some decadent gluten free chocolate desserts. Many of these recipes are gluten and dairy-free desserts.
There is just something about the way chocolate tastes when it hits your tongue that instantly makes you feel better. Each one of these easy gluten free chocolate dessert recipes will knock your socks off with how good they are!
If you love chocolate, this collection of my best chocolate recipes is for you! You feel almost sinful when you sink your teeth into these gluten free chocolate recipes.
Each one of these desserts has been made by me, and they are tried and true. I love them, my family loves them, and nobody can tell they are gluten free. These are truly the best gluten free chocolate desserts!
Shopping for gluten free ingredients is so much easier when you have time to plan ahead a little. I have made a couple of guides to help you with shopping, and it won’t be so overwhelming. Gluten Free Costco Shopping Guide and The Ultimate Walmart Gluten Free Shopping Guide are full of very useful information.
Tips for cooking and baking with chocolate:
- I find that the easiest way to melt chocolate is in a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler you can put water in a saucepan and begin to boil, then place a glass bowl on top of the pan. Place the chocolate inside and continuously stir until melted. It can burn quickly if you aren’t careful.
- Never add a cold liquid like milk or butter to melted chocolate. If you add cold to the hot chocolate, it will cause it to seize, which results in a clumpy mess that is grainy and not too appetizing. Once in a while, you can save seized chocolate, but it doesn’t always work.
- Chocolate is also great for drizzling onto desserts. Just melt in the microwave at 10-second intervals and stir.
What are the best brands of chocolate for baking?
There are many good kinds of chocolate for baking. I love to use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate in my recipes. High-quality chocolate really does make a difference in cooking and baking. Here are my favorites
- Rodelle - their cocoa powder has a rich dark chocolate flavor.
- Ghirardelli - they make several cocoa powders depending on the flavor you're looking for.
- Anthonys - this is probably the best deal for your money. Anthony's uses high-quality cocoa and sells their big bags on Amazon.
- If you are looking for melting chocolate, Ghirardelli melting wafers are one of my favorites. They melt really smoothly.
Which Ghirardelli chocolates are gluten free?
All of Ghirardelli chocolate is gluten free with the exception of their crisp bars.
Are there dairy-free chocolates that work in desserts?
Enjoy Life brand makes wonderful chocolate chips that are free of the Top 8 allergens. They taste delicious and you will never know they are dairy-free.
Is baker's chocolate gluten free?
Baker's chocolate is gluten free. Just note that Baker's chocolate is not sweetened. My son found out the hard way by grabbing a piece and biting into it.
Can you recommend a sugar-free chocolate brand?
Lily's makes a delicious gluten free and sugar-free chocolate. Their chocolate bars and chocolate chips are both very easy to use.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy chocolate? For me, I love that deep dark chocolate flavor. All of these Gluten Free Chocolate Recipes are bursting with chocolate...try a few and let me know which you like best!
If you love dessert as much as we do, don't forget to check out all of my delicious gluten free dessert recipes.
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)