Gluten free cookie dough is delicious by the spoonful, in bite-sized balls, or spread onto your favorite gluten free crackers or cookies! You have seen those shops that serve edible cookie dough like ice cream. Now you can enjoy that fun idea at home!
Learning how to eat gluten free doesn’t have to be difficult, and as this easy edible cookie dough recipe proves, eating gluten free is delicious, too!
My cookie dough recipe also makes the perfect frosting for any cake, cupcake, cookie, or even donut! If you love cookie dough as much as my family does, you will want to check out all of these yummy gluten free cookie dough recipes!
It seems that eating raw flour is no longer advised. Check below for an easy way to toast the flour so that it is safe to use in this recipe.
This dessert recipe was created for my son’s birthday last week. Gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough is one of his favorite things to steal when I am not looking.
I have lectured my son many times about raw eggs and not eating the batter when I am baking. It doesn’t matter. My words seem to fall on deaf “teen” ears.
Cookie dough without eggs is so easy to make and enjoy in just minutes! There are no worries about this edible cookie dough recipe because it is egg free! It is so easy to make cookie dough without eggs :-).
Is it bad to eat raw flour?
A new warning about eating raw flour has come out. To keep this cookie dough safe, I highly advise you do one of these things to toast the flour before using it in this recipe:
- Toast the flour for 5 minutes. Just spread the flour out thinly on a piece of parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cook on 325 for 5-8 minutes. This will cook out any potential bacteria issues.
- You can also toast raw flour in a frying pan. Cook while whisking constantly over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook in small batches so that all flour toasts.
- Check out these tips to bake your flour.
Thankfully, he hasn’t become sick from the dough, but I think this edible cookie dough is going to help matters.
That is why this gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough recipe is perfect. He can dig in and safely eat this cookie dough.”
I may need to make this “as is” and let him just eat it out of the bowl. The brown sugary flavor is just that good.
I bet you thought this was ice cream… did you know there are shops that sell scoops of edible cookie dough? Believe me, it is sooo yummy!
You Might Also Enjoy:
You can slather this cookie dough in anything…like this Edible Cookie Dough Fudge.
Gluten Free Cookie Dough from Scratch with 5 Simple Ingredients
Just add these five ingredients to the bowl of your mixer:
- gluten free flour
- brown sugar
- butter, softened
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
Once the ingredients are mixed, stir in chocolate chips, and you are just minutes away from enjoying this frosting. If you want to get really good, you can add pecans or walnuts too!
If you like chocolate, this easy gluten free chocolate cookie dough is amazing too!
With a slight reduction in the total amount of flour, this edible cookie dough is smooth enough to frost a cake with. Will you eat it with a spoon, or use it as a frosting? You get to choose, or make a double batch and do both!
What will you spread this cookie dough frosting on?
I am thinking of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies…the possibilities are making me hungry! If you don’t want to spread it onto anything, that is okay too. Just eat it out of the jar!
You will remember this delicious post from last week. The cookie dough frosting was amazing on these gluten free chocolate donuts. These disappeared so quickly. Next time I will make a double batch.
Ways to Enjoy Edible Cookie Dough
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough Magic Bars
- Easy Gluten Free Cookie Dough Fudge
- Cookie Dough Pie Crust (for an ice cream cake!)
You can definitely refrigerate this dough, but it can make your dough hard and a bit crumbly. Let it get to warm up a bit to eat.
You can roll this dough into balls and eat as “bonbon style” treats, or dip them in dark chocolate for gluten free cookie dough truffles!
No, this dough has no eggs and no leavener so it will not bake into cookies very well. If you want to have baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies, check out all of my delicious gluten free cookie recipes.
Tools You Need To Make This Cookie Dough Recipe:
- Mixing bowl. I have said this in a few posts, but I am convinced this bowl with a rubber bottom is the best invention, EVER. No sliding when you mix!
- Electric mixer. I love the versatility of this mixer. I used regular paddles.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour. This flour is great for this recipe, and the cookie dough is not grainy at all!
How to Make Gluten Free Edible Cookie Dough:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- chocolate chips, I used mini chocolate chips so it wouldn't affect how this frosting spreads.
- Toast the raw flour: Toast the flour for 5 minutes. Just spread the flour out thinly on a piece of parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cook on 325 for 5-8 minutes. This will cook out any potential bacteria issues. You can also toast raw flour in a frying pan. Cook while whisking constantly over medium heat for 5 minutes. Cook in small batches so that all flour toasts.
- Put all ingredients into a mixer or large bowl and mix.
- Spread onto cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, or even donuts!
Feel free to add chopped nuts!
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 30mg Sodium: 108mg Carbohydrates: 46g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 34g Protein: 3g