This easy edible gluten free chocolate cookie dough is for all of my readers who share my wicked sweet tooth.
Creamy edible cookie dough that is not only loaded with chocolate chips, but it is totally safe to eat! Grab a spoon and dive in! If you love cookie dough as much as we do, here are some of our favorite gluten free cookie dough recipes.
It was inevitable. After stuffing ourselves full of my ever so popular edible gluten free cookie dough over the past few months, we needed a change. I almost feel like a rebel when I say that.
Our obsession began when my daughter created this simple edible cookie dough recipe. Then it grew into a version that could double as an edible cookie dough frosting!
Finally, we settled on this new gluten free chocolate cookie dough. We loaded it with chocolate chips to make it extra chocolaty!
Why this recipe is great:
- You no longer have to warn your family not to eat the cookie dough because of raw eggs in the batter!
- You won't have to chase your husband out of the kitchen when you are trying to make cookies.
- You can use it for lots of other purposes, like as a crust for a frozen ice cream pie recipe.
- This gluten free cookie dough recipe freezes really well so make a double batch! No need to buy cookie dough when you can make your own!
- If you freeze a bunch of this cookie dough, you can get to it anytime and have edible cookie dough for one!
Have I convinced you to give this easy creamy cookie dough recipe a try?
What you need to make this recipe:
- Gluten free flour blend - You can use any blend in this recipe.
- Butter - Use vegan butter if you want to make this recipe dairy-free.
- Chocolate chips - You can use bittersweet, dark, or milk chocolate chips. For dairy-free use Enjoy Life brand.
Recipe step by step directions:
One of the things you will need to do before making this recipe is heat your gluten free flour to make sure it doesn't contain any bacteria. This can be done two ways, in the oven, or in the microwave.
Step 1: Bake your gluten free flour for 10 minutes at 165º F or microwave oven by cooking on high for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to blend them together.
Step 3: Add the softened butter and vanilla and mix well.
Step 4: This is what your cookie dough will look like when it is mixed up. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Maybe this picture will convince you to give this recipe a try :-). This edible gluten free cookie dough will keep for about 4-5 days in your refrigerator.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
I used Anthony's Organic Cocoa Powder for this recipe. This is an unsolicited plug for a product (and company) that I really love. Their cocoa has a deep, rich chocolaty flavor that really works well. You also can't beat the price!
You can easily make this cookie dough dairy-free by using vegan butter.
Flour can harbor bacteria. This normally bakes off when you bake your dessert, but when you are eating the flour raw, you need to make sure to bake or microwave the flour to kill the bacteria.
This cookie dough will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
More gluten free cookie recipes:
- My favorite gluten free flour blend.
- The cocoa powder I talked about above. It really is great!
- These handy ramekins are perfect for a single serving of this cookie dough. (They also help ensure nobody hogs the whole bowl of cookie dough!)
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Edible Gluten Free Chocolate Cookie Dough
- ½ cup butter softened but not melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see note
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk * see note
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- One of the things you will need to do before making this recipe is heat your gluten free flour to make sure it doesn't contain any bacteria. This can be done two ways, in the oven, or in the microwave. For the oven, bake the flour by itself for 10 minutes at 165º F.
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients including chips and whisk to blend.
- Add butter, vanilla and almond milk and mix.
- You can use any brand of gluten free flour blend for this recipe.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- Other dairy-free kinds of milk will work but I do not recommend canned coconut milk.
- You can use any flavor chips for this recipe.
- This cookie dough will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)