This easy edible gluten free chocolate cookie dough is for all of my readers who share my wicked sweet tooth.
Creamy cookie dough that is not only loaded with chocolate chips, but it is totally safe to eat! Grab a spoon and dive in! If you love cookie dough as much as we do, here are some of our favorite gluten free cookie dough recipes.
It was inevitable. After stuffing ourselves full of my ever so popular edible gluten free cookie dough over the past few months, we needed a change. I almost feel like a rebel when I say that. Our obsession began when my daughter created this simple edible cookie dough recipe. Then it grew into a version that could double as an edible cookie dough frosting!
Finally, we settled on this new gluten free chocolate cookie dough. We loaded it with chocolate chips to make it extra chocolaty!
What cocoa is best in this recipe?
I used Anthony's Organic Cocoa Powder for this recipe. This is an unsolicited plug for a product (and company) that I really love. Their cocoa has a deep, rich chocolaty flavor that really works well. You also can't beat the price!
- You no longer have to warn your family not to eat the cookie dough because of raw eggs in the batter!
- You won't have to chase your husband out of the kitchen when you are trying to make cookies.
- You can use it for lots of other purposes, like as a crust for a frozen ice cream pie recipe.
- This gluten free cookie dough recipe freezes really well so make a double batch! No need to buy cookie dough when you can make your own!
- If you freeze a bunch of this cookie dough, you can get to it anytime and have edible cookie dough for one!
Have I convinced you to give this easy creamy cookie dough recipe a try?
Maybe this picture will convince you :-). This edible gluten free cookie dough will keep for about 4-5 days in your refrigerator.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl. For this recipe I used King Arthur's Measure for Measure gluten free flour blend.
Add the butter and vanilla and mix.
This is what your cookie dough will look like when it is mixed up.
- My favorite gluten free flour blend.
- The cocoa powder I talked about above. It really is great!
- These handy ramekins are perfect for a single serving of this cookie dough. (They also help ensure nobody hogs the whole bowl of cookie dough!)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened but not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, add all dry ingredients including chips and whisk to blend.
- Add butter, vanilla and almond milk and mix.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g
**If your gluten free flour blend doesn't include Xanthan Gum, please add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon! **Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.