Gluten free chocolate brownies are a perfect dessert to serve when you want to go all out. This is our favorite chewy fudgy brownie recipe because the gf brownies are chewy on the inside with a crisp exterior.
A delicious gluten free brownies recipe that is perfect for any time! You will also love that this gluten free brownie recipe is dairy-free as well!
I made these amazing gluten free chocolate brownie s’mores tarts and had a lot of brownie batter left over. I couldn’t let it go to waste :-).
Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies
Are you a fan of gf brownie recipes?
When my husband first went gluten free for medical reasons, before the big gluten free fad diet, there were no gluten free products in our market. No gluten free crackers. No gluten free bread. No sweet treats. Everything had to be figured out. I bought a bread maker with a gluten free setting in hopes of creating a loaf of bread that was edible.
My first attempts at making gluten free bread were disastrous. (Thank goodness for all of those companies that have this skill perfected!)
Gluten free brownies and other baked goods? It took me months to create a gluten free chewy fudgy brownie recipe that tasted great for my husband. It had to have a rich chocolate flavor to be perfect.
It wasn’t until my kids and I went gluten free that so many gluten free products started hitting the markets.
I have kept this delicious gluten free brownies recipe over the years, tweaking depending on what I had on hand. Did you know you can even make a delicious Gluten Free Brownie Cake? It is perfect for chocolate lovers!
Can you use butter to make these gluten free brownies?
If you do not have to be dairy-free, you can definitely use butter when making this brownie recipe. Use the same amount, 8 tablespoons. You can also substitute the almond milk for regular milk.
Can you make this gluten free brownie recipe nut free?
You can easily make this gluten free dairy free brownie recipe nut free. Instead of using almond milk, you can use flaxseed milk (I like Good Karma brand) or coconut milk (NOT canned).
My daughter, my fabulous assistant, helped with the drizzle shots. We have a deal…she drizzles and gets to eat what is on the spoon 🙂 I used four-inch tart pans for these brownies, but you can bake them in an 8×8 pan just as easily!
I hope this gf brownie recipe becomes one you use and use again. Add nuts, chocolate chips, or anything else you think would taste great! Wheat free and Celiac safe.
They really are delicious gluten free brownies, and in our opinion, the best gluten free chocolate brownies.
What gluten free flour is best for this gluten free brownie recipe?
For this recipe, many gluten free flour blends will work well. I like to use King Arthur’s gluten free blend, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Blend, Pamela’s Baking Mix, and Authentic Foods Multiblend.
There are a lot of brands of gluten free flour blends and I have two tips when shopping for a gluten free flour to use in your baking.
- If you are making a dessert, make sure your gluten free flour blend does NOT contain bean flours. Some do and this can add a slightly bitter taste to your gluten free baking. Now, these gluten free flour blends with bean flours do work well for savory dishes like Gluten Free Fried Chicken.
- Make sure the gluten free flour blend you choose includes Xanthan Gum. If your blend doesn’t have this, add 1 teaspoon when making this recipe. If you are sensitive to Xanthan Gum, feel free to substitute Guar Gum.
How long do you bake these gluten free brownies?
Baking time will depend on what you decide to bake your gluten free brownies in. If you bake this gluten free brownie recipe in the tart pans, plan to bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes. If you choose to bake these brownies in an 8×8 baking dish, you will want to bake these brownies for 30-35 minutes.
More Delicious Gluten Free Brownies to Try:
- Paleo Delicata Squash Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Gluten Free Brownie Cheesecake Bars
(*Please note this post contains affiliate links. By ordering an ingredient from my link it will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I really appreciate the support.)
Tools to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies:
- Fun tart pans. You don’t really need them, but don’t they make these brownies so cute?
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Flour Blend. This flour makes these brownies so easy.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add optional mix ins like nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 461 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 62g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 34g Protein: 7g
More Yummy Gluten Free Desserts to Try!
Round out the meal with these recipe ideas.