Gluten free chocolate brownies are a perfect dessert to serve when you want to go all out. This is our favorite chewy fudgy brownie recipe because the gf brownies are chewy on the inside with a crisp exterior.
A delicious gluten free brownies recipe that is perfect for any time! You will also love that this gluten free brownie recipe is dairy-free as well! If you love chocolate as much as we do, you will want to try all of my delicious gluten free chocolate dessert recipes.
I made these amazing gluten free chocolate brownie s'mores tarts and had a lot of brownie batter left over. I couldn't let it go to waste so you get a bonus recipe this week :-).
Are you a fan of gluten free brownie recipes?
When my husband first went gluten free for medical reasons, before the big gluten free fad diet, there were no gluten free products in our market. No gluten free crackers. No gluten free bread. No sweet treats. Everything had to be figured out.
My first attempts at making gluten free bread were disastrous. (Thank goodness for all of those companies that have this skill perfected!)
Gluten free brownies and other baked goods? Good luck finding them. It took me months for me to create the gluten free chewy fudgy brownie recipe that tasted great for my husband. It had to have a rich chocolate flavor to be perfect.
It wasn't until my kids and I went gluten free that so many gluten free products started hitting the markets. Now we are spoiled with the variety. There are dozens of gluten free brownie mixes on the market now!
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and use a whisk to blend it all together.
I have tested three gluten free flour blends in this recipe. I liked King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure, Nameste GF Flour, and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend. This doesn't mean other blends won't work, I just haven't tested any others. Try to avoid flour blends that are high in starch.
As always, if your blend does not contain Xanthan Gum, you will need to add 1 teaspoon.
In a smaller bowl, add the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Grab an 8x8 baking pan or the cute little tart pans and spray with coconut oil to prevent sticking. I owe you an apology because I forgot to take photos of the brownie batter in the round tart pans.
This was an older recipe I updated and in looking back, I just plain forgot.
How long do you bake brownies?
Baking time will depend on what you decide to bake your gluten free brownies in. If you bake this gluten free brownie recipe in the tart pans, plan to bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
If you choose to bake these brownies in an 8x8 baking dish, you will want to bake these brownies for 30-35 minutes.
Can you use butter?
If you do not have to be dairy-free, you can definitely use butter instead of coconut oil when making this brownie recipe. Use the same amount, 8 tablespoons. You can also substitute the almond milk for regular milk.
Can you make this recipe nut-free?
You can easily make this gluten free dairy free brownie recipe nut-free. Instead of using almond milk, you can use flaxseed milk (I like Good Karma brand) or coconut milk (NOT canned).
My daughter, my fabulous assistant, helped with the drizzle shots. We have a deal...she drizzles and gets to eat what is on the spoon 🙂
They really are delicious gluten free brownies, and in our opinion, the best gluten free chocolate brownies.
Gluten free flour tips:
There are a lot of brands of gluten free flour blends and I have two tips when shopping for a gluten free flour to use in your baking.
- If you are making a dessert, make sure your gluten free flour blend does NOT contain bean flours. Some do and this can add a slightly bitter taste to your gluten free baking. Now, these gluten free flour blends with bean flours do work well for savory dishes like Gluten Free Fried Chicken.
- Make sure the gluten free flour blend you choose includes Xanthan Gum. If your blend doesn't have this, add 1 teaspoon when making this recipe. If you are sensitive to Xanthan Gum, feel free to substitute Guar Gum.
I have kept this delicious gluten free brownies recipe over the years, tweaking depending on what I had on hand. Did you know you can even make a delicious Gluten Free Brownie Cake? It is perfect for chocolate lovers!
More Delicious Gluten Free Brownies to Try:
- Love hidden veggies? These Paleo Delicata Squash Brownies are moist and delicious.
- These Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies are full of chocolate peanut butter flavor.
- Another brownie recipe, this easy Flourless Chocolate Mint Brownies recipe is full of minty flavor,
- If you love cheesecake, this brownie cheesecake combo Gluten Free Brownie Cheesecake Bars recipe is a winner.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add optional mix ins like nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
You can make this brownie recipe in tart pans, or bake in an 8x8 pan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 7g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.