These gluten free chocolate brownies are a perfect dessert to serve when you want to go all out. Ice cream, hot fudge, the works.
I made these amazing gluten free chocolate brownie s’mores tarts and had a lot of brownie batter left over. I couldn’t let it go to waste :-).
Are you a gluten free brownie fanatic?
When my husband first went gluten free for medical reasons, before the big gluten free fad diet, there were no gluten free products in our market. No crackers. No bread. No sweet treats. Everything had to be figured out. I bought a bread maker with a gluten free setting in hopes of creating a loaf of bread that was edible. My first attempts at making gluten free bread were disastrous. (Thank goodness for all of those companies that have this skill perfected!)
It wasn’t until my kids and I went gluten free that so many gluten free products started hitting the markets.
I have kept this brownie recipe over the years, tweaking depending on what I had on hand.
My daughter, my fabulous assistant, helped with the drizzle shots. We have a deal…she drizzles and gets to eat what is on the spoon 🙂 I used four inch tart pans for these brownies, but you can just put them in a pan just as easily!
I hope this gluten free chocolate brownie recipe becomes a recipe you use and use again. Add nuts, chocolate chips, or anything else you think would taste great! Wheat free and Celiac safe.
(*Please note this post contains affiliate links. By ordering an ingredient from my link it will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I really appreciate the support.)
Tools to Make This Recipe:
- Fun tart pans. You don’t really need them, but don’t they make these brownies so cute?
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Flour Blend. This flour makes these brownies so easy.
Gluten free brownies a la mode.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add optional mix ins like nuts or chocolate chips.
- Spray coconut oil in a baking dish.
- Pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until done.
Click here to see all of the brownie recipes on this site.
More Yummy Gluten Free Desserts to Try!
Round out the meal with these recipe ideas.
Want to try another great gluten free brownie recipe? How about these Fudgy Kumquat Brownies.