Cornbread is a delicious bread that goes with any dish. This gluten free cornbread recipe has a very unusual twist in how you make.
Eating these little gluten free cornbread muffins warm, with melted butter is my favorite way to eat these!
Gluten Free Cornbread Recipe
Cornbread is one of those comfort breads that go with any meal. You can dip it into soups and stews, or enjoy it on the side. This gluten free cornbread recipe is very easy, no yeast or rising makes this a great recipe for a busy school night.
You can even make this gluten free muffin recipe in a double batch and freeze some for another time.”
I made this gluten free cornbread as muffins, but you can also make it in an 8×8 pan and cut it into slices. I prefer gluten free cornbread muffins because they are portioned out evenly and look pretty on a table.
Variations of this Cornbread Recipe
If you love sweet cornbread, you can modify the recipe easily, or you can drizzle honey on top! Savory cornbread lovers can add roasted hatch chiles and cheddar cheese into the muffin dough for a burst of spice.
You will find this simple gluten free cornbread recipe takes an unusual step.
Did you find that odd-ball step?
Yup, I am talking about the part that says to beat the egg whites until they are stiff. I have no idea why this is needed. I am not sure these muffins are any fluffier because of this. As a matter of fact, I find these cornbread muffins to be a bit denser than what I usually make.
How to make gluten free old-fashioned cornbread:
After you mix up your dry ingredients, whip your egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Beat the yolks separately and add to the egg whites. Mix gently.
Add this mixture to your cornbread dough.
Mix it up and add it to a lightly greased muffin tin.
More Delicious Gluten Free Muffin Recipes to Try:
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My favorite gluten free flour blend.
- Olive oil mister. This is so handy to spray into the muffin tins so your muffins don’t stick.
- 1 3/4 cups corn meal
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- optional cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, separate the eggs and add the egg whites only to the bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until you see stiff peaks form. Then add the egg yolks and mix gently.
- Add the butter and boiling water to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the egg white mixture gently.
- Grease the muffin tins and add batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are done.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 149 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 41mg Sodium: 238mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes To Try!