If you’re looking for the perfect side to almost any meal, this naturally gluten free cornbread muffin recipe is just the thing.
I included a quick video to show you how easy this gluten free cornbread muffin recipe is to make.
Baking a gluten-free cornbread can be deceptively tricky. A recipe can appear simple, but your cornbread can easily become too dry or too cakey, overly sweet or not sweet enough.
With all of these variables, it seems as though making a gluten-free cornbread recipe would be tough, but after enough experimenting and much trial and error, I came up with the perfect recipe for Gluten Free Cornbread. Perfectly moist and springy
After a few tries, I realized I needed to let my batter be runnier than I normally would. Gluten-free baking can be difficult in this way. Moisture is everything when you are looking to make something as close to its gluten counterpart as possible.
These little mini gluten free cornbread muffins would be perfect for a party. They are bite-sized and delicious!!
For this recipe, I added some roasted green chiles to this gluten free cornbread recipe. I love these roasted green chiles from Trader Joe’s. If you love spicy, try adding some fire-roasted hatch chiles. You can read more about hatch chiles and find some delicious recipes made with them.
You can make this recipe with or without the roasted green chilies, or you can even add corn kernels or cheddar cheese for something different.
TIP: While corn flour is naturally gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free corn flour. Cross-contamination happens easily, so it is best to be safe!
Mix up the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
I love this little bite-sized muffin tin I found. It makes these cornbread poppers just the right size.
TIP: I recommend using a lot of nonstick oil spray, or muffin papers because these like to stick to the tin.)
This Gluten Free Dairy Free Cornbread Recipe is light & moist. It is perfect on its own, or you eat these little cornbread poppers with a bowl of beans! You can also double the recipe and freeze half of these dairy-free cornbread muffins.
Although it can be left out overnight, it’s best to store leftovers in the fridge to avoid spoilage.
More Gluten Free Holiday Recipes to Try!
- Leftover Stuffing Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Quick and Easy Mashed Rutabagas
- Gluten Free Stuffing
- Mashed Potato Pies with Potato Bacon Roses
(This recipe was updated from an older post 11/14. Here is an old picture from my original photoshoot.)
Substitutions and Variations for this Recipe:
- Omit the green chiles if you don’t like peppers or spicy.
- Add whole corn kernels! I prefer to use fresh corn, but if you can’t find fresh, you can use frozen corn that has been thawed and pat dry.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese!
- If you don’t want to use coconut sugar, maple sugar would also be delicious for this recipe.
Here is a video to show you how to make this gluten-free cornbread muffins recipe:
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this post. Ordering from my affiliate link will not change the price you pay for products at Amazon. It just sends a tiny commission to Fearless Dining to help offset site costs. I really appreciate your support.)
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- Gluten Free Corn Flour. Just make sure the corn flour you use is gluten-free!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend. I use a little, make sure the blend you choose has Xanthan Gum.
How to make gluten free cornbread:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, If your gluten free flour blend doesn't include it
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk, or another milk/non dairy milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons roasted green chiles, I used Trader Joe's
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray a muffin tin with non stick oil.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add eggs, roasted green chilies, butter, and milk (or substitute.)
- Blend well.
- Fill muffin tin with batter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 157 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 283mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g
Want to try another great recipe? Try these Gluten Free Delicata Squash Scones.