You will be hooked with one bite of these gluten free pumpkin pie bars. These scrumptious bars have a shortbread crust filled with sweet pumpkin pie. They are then topped with a sweet crumble topping! Make them in about 35 minutes!
I am in love with this creamy gluten free pumpkin pie bars recipe. It is like eating hand-help pieces of pumpkin pie! The shortbread crust holds the pumpkin pie filling perfectly.
If you are looking for an easy gluten free pumpkin crumble bars recipe, this is an easy recipe to make. All you need are a few simple ingredients!
I am a self-proclaimed pumpkin fanatic. If you are as well, check out all of my delicious gluten free pumpkin recipes!
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- You get all of that yummy pumpkin pie flavor in an easy-to-eat bar.
- The crumb topping is really light and tasty!
- Serve this fall dessert at any holiday get-together!
- If you are a pumpkin spice lover, this will be your new favorite gluten free dessert!
- I include a coconut-free version. Just see the FAQ section below for this information.
- There is an easy dairy-free option! Most of my gluten free pumpkin recipes have dairy-free options. If you ever need help figuring out how to eliminate dairy in one of my recipes, just reach out via my contact form!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend - Most blends should work in this recipe. I tested it with King Arthur's Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend.
- Xanthan Gum - If your blend doesn't contain xanthan or guar gum, add one teaspoon.
- Shredded Coconut - Use unsweetened.
- Pumpkin Puree - Use pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Sweet Condensed Milk - You can use either regular condensed milk or dairy-free coconut milk condensed milk.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter. If you are dairy-free, use a dairy-free butter like Earth Balance. Find out if Butter Is Gluten Free, it should be, but it is always good to double check!
- Egg - Size Large.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - You can easily find premixed pumpkin pie spice for sale. If not, use ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon allspice.
I make a lot of bar recipes. I also have delicious Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars that are a good cross between a cookie and a snack cake!
Recipe Step By Step Directions:
This recipe is very easy to make. Before you start, preheat your oven to 350º F and make sure the oven rack is in the middle position.
Step 1: In a large
Add the melted butter and mix. The mixture will look very crumbly. Do not add more butter.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, add the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, and egg. Whisk to blend the wet ingredients together.
Step 3: Put parchment paper down in a baking dish. I used an 8x8 baking dish. If you prefer, you can grease the pan. Either way would be fine. Pour half of the crust mixture into the pan.
Step 4: Press the crust mixture flat. Be sure it covers the whole bottom of the pan.
Step 5: Pour the pumpkin mixture over the crust. Take the remaining crust mixture and sprinkle the crumbles on top of the pumpkin pie filling.
Step 6: Bake the gluten free pumpkin pie bars at 350º F for 35 minutes. The actual baking time will vary depending on the pan size you use.
Remove the bars from the oven and allow them to cool to room temperature on the stove. Move the bars to the refrigerator. Cool for one hour before cutting.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Yes, you should always store the gluten free pumpkin pie bars in the refrigerator. Store them in an airtight container.
These pumpkin pie bars will keep fresh for up to four days.
If you want to make these bars coconut-free, make the crust from this Gluten Free Raspberry Bars recipe.
You can make these pumpkin bars dairy-free by using dairy-free butter and dairy-free coconut condensed milk.
If you want to make these gluten free pumpkin pie bars vegan, use an egg replacer like Just Egg in place of the egg.
More Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes:
- Gluten Free Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
Crust and Crumble
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree don't use pumpkin pie filling!
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk regular or coconut dairy-free
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F and set the oven rack to the middle position.
- In a large bow, add the crust ingredients. Mix until you have a crumbly mixture.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the pumpkin filling ingredients and whisk to blend them together.
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan with parchment paper, or grease the pan.
- Add half of the crust mixture to the pan and use your hands or the bottom of a glass to press the crust mixture down.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over this and use a spoon to spread it out to ensure it is evenly distributed across the bottom of the pan.
- Take the remaining crust mixture and scatter the crumbs over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool then put into the refrigerator to get cold. Slice the gluten free pumpkin pie bars when they are cold.
- You can use any gluten free flour blend to make this recipe. Add one teaspoon if your blend doesn't contain xanthan or guar gum.
- If you can't eat coconut, make the crust recipe from my gluten free raspberry bars recipe.
- If you are dairy-free, use dairy-free butter and coconut-based condensed milk. (A few brands make this.)
- If you want to make these gluten free pumpkin pie bars vegan, use an egg replacer called Just Egg.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container. They will keep fresh for up to 4 days. You can also freeze them.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
Looking for more? Get my FREE Gluten Free Lemon Desserts E-Cookbook when you sign up for my weekly recipe newsletter!