I don’t think I will ever tire of using organic canned pumpkin…not after enjoying a slice of this moist gluten free pumpkin bread. To make this gluten free dairy free pumpkin bread even more special, I added caramel chips. The sweetness of the caramel really blends together with the rich pumpkin flavors.
If you are a pumpkin fanatic like we are, check out all of my delicious gluten free pumpkin recipes!
Baking with Pumpkin
Pumpkin is such an incredible vegetable…its sweet earthy richness was just made to go with gluten free baking. It makes cookies and cakes so moist, it is impossible to know they are gluten free.
I had a cup of pumpkin puree leftover from when I made pumpkin cookies the other day and I needed to use up the canned pumpkin before it spoiled.
This gluten free pumpkin bread in the morning is one of my favorite things to enjoy, especially with a cup of coffee.
Little did I expect my kids to eat most of this moist pumpkin bread before the next morning…and I didn’t get to enjoy it for breakfast.
(*Note to self, make two loaves next time and hide one!)
More gluten free recipes that use pumpkin puree:
This pumpkin loaf is full of pumpkin and walnuts…and I couldn’t resist adding those caramel bits to add a richness to this recipe. (Feel free to skip the caramel bits, this moist cake is so good, you won’t even miss them.)
Enjoy because this is perfect gluten free pumpkin recipe for those who are Celiac and wheat free! What is the one cake you like to make that disappears quickly in your house?
Are you ready to make this delicious gluten free pumpkin loaf?
- Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used Pamela’s Baking Mix)
- Pumpkin puree
- Plain yogurt
- Brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Almond milk
- Kraft caramel bits
How to make this gluten free pumpkin bread:
Add your dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
In a medium bowl, add your wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just “slightly” mixed. **Note, if you overmix the batter your gluten free pumpkin cake will not be as light and fluffy.
Pour the pumpkin bread batter into a greased bread loaf tin and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
How do you know when your pumpkin bread is done baking?
Test to see if it is baked by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes back with no batter or crumbs, it is finished baking. If you have batter or crumbs on the toothpick, bake a little longer and retest.
Variations for this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe:
Fun Things to Add to Your Homemade Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread:
- Nuts of any kind. My favorite nuts for pumpkin bread are walnuts and pecans. Their nuttiness works with the earthiness of the pumpkin.
- Adding chocolate chips is also a delicious addition to pumpkin bread. You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white chocolate chips in your recipe.
- Caramel chips. I may be addicted to those yummy chips!
- Mashed banana is also delicious when combined with pumpkin
To make this gluten free pumpkin bread dairy-free:
- Use a vegan yogurt like So Delicious Almond or Coconut yogurt.
- Try this yummy dairy-free caramel recipe.
To make this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe nut-free:
- Use 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend, King Arthur Gluten Free Blend, or Authentic Foods MultiBlend Gluten Free Flour. (Don’t use Pamela’s Baking Mix I used because isn’t nut-free.)
- Omit the walnuts.
Click here to see all of the gluten free bread recipes on this blog!
Just in case you love donuts, you will want to try this amazing Gluten Free Pumpkin Donuts recipe too!!
More Delicious Gluten Free Bread to Try:
- Easy Cast Iron Skillet Focaccia Bread
- Gluten Free Cranberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Moist and Yummy Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
- 2 cups Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, I used full fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray coconut oil in a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Pour wet ingredients, nuts, and caramel bits into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 30 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
Note, to make this nut-free, use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 680mg Carbohydrates: 62g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 38g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g