Grab a cup of coffee or tea and settle in for a bite of these moist lemony Gluten Free Lemon Madeleines. Bursting with fresh lemon flavor and a dusting of powdered sugar, these are one of my favorite cake-like cookies.
Lemon desserts are a thing here thanks to our very productive lemon tree. If you are looking for even more gluten free lemon desserts, I have you covered with a ton of great recipes!
Today we are celebrating the bounty from our mighty lemon tree. I think our tree is a little mad at us, we finally had to prune it because it was getting too tall…hopefully, we will still get our delicious giant lemons!
We haven’t pruned our trees, well, ever…so today our fruit salad, apricot, apple, and lemon trees all got topped off. In the long run, it means our fruit trees will be healthier and have stronger branches for holding the heavy fruits!
A madeleine is a cross between a cake and a cookie, and that moist sponginess is what made me fall in love with these cookies. They are so easy to make.
If you want to try more madeleines, why not make these gluten free butterscotch madeleines or these gluten free matcha green tea madeleines? If you are looking for special holiday flavors, you can’t go wrong with these gluten free pumpkin madeleines or these gluten free chocolate peppermint madeleines.
Are you ready to see how easy these gluten free madeleines are to make?
How to make gluten free lemon madeleines:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
In a smaller bowl, add your wet ingredients and mix well. (*Tip: Make sure your butter is melted, but not too hot or it can cook your eggs.)
Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Add your batter to the greased madeleine pan and bake for 15 minutes until done. You can tell your madeleines are baked when you touch the top of a madeleine and it feels firm.
Remove from the oven and allow cooling on a cooling rack. When cool, dust with powdered sugar.
How do you eat madeleines?
For me, madeleines are best fresh. They will keep for a few days, but they lose the crispiness to the edges when they are more than a day old. You can dust your madeleines in powdered sugar, dip in chocolate, or eat them plain. I even like to dip them in my coffee!
How do you prevent madeleines from sticking to the pan?
You can either spray your madeleine pan with coconut oil or rub the pan with butter to prevent your madeleines from sticking.
If you love Madeleines as much as I do, I have quite a few fun flavors you can make! Check out all of my gluten free madeleines recipes!
Can you make this madeleine recipe dairy-free?
You can easily make this recipe dairy-free by using non-dairy milk and a vegan butter like Smart Balance.
More gluten free lemon recipes to try:
- Gluten Free Lemon Pound Cake
- Easy Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Gluten Free Lemon Layer Cake
- Creamy Gluten Free Lemon Sour Cream Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice (depending on how thick you want your icing)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- Add your wet ingredients into a smaller bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until they are just barely mixed. Do not overmix your batter.
- Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Spray your madeleine pan with coconut oil, or grease with butter.
- Add some batter to each madeleine section.
- Bake for 10 minutes until they are firm to touch on top.
- Cool then dust with powdered sugar.
Try not to overmix your batter. Your madeleines will be lighter if you don't overmix the batter.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g