You will be hooked with one bite of these gluten-free raspberry crumble bars! They are full of yummy raspberry flavor. Top them with a crumble topping for sheer perfection!
These gluten free raspberry crumble bars officially have the record in our house for being eaten the fastest! They have lots of juicy fruit, creamy cheese, and sweet crumble topping, making them my favorite.
Grab some fresh raspberries and a few simple ingredients. Your whole family will love this gluten free raspberry squares recipe!
SO GOOD!!!! Not too sweet perfectly fruity!!!! Sent the recipe to 5 family members within 30 mins of taking it out of the oven!!!Lisa, blog reader
Why these raspberry bars are great:
- Make them in under 30 minutes.
- They are both gluten- and egg-free, making them great for those with food allergies.
- They have some creaminess with the added cream cheese.
- The gluten free shortbread crust is so good, and it ties in all of the flavors beautifully!
If you are looking for a bar to please a crowd, these are the bars you want to make. You can use any fruit you have on hand.
If you love raspberries as much as we do, check out my delicious gluten free cookie bar recipes!
- Gluten free flour blend – I tested this recipe using Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend and King Arthur’s Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. That doesn’t mean others will not work; I just have not tested other flours, and I can not guarantee the recipe will work if you use other mixes.
- Xanthan gum – If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Almond flour – I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- Raspberries – If you don’t have fresh raspberries, you can use any fruit you have on hand.
- Cream cheese – I use full-fat cream cheese for extra creaminess.
If you love raspberries, be sure to try my popular homemade raspberry mousse recipe too!
How to make gluten free raspberry crumble bars:
Step 1: Add all of the crust ingredients into a bowl. Whisk to blend them.
To measure your gluten free flour, I recommend using the spoon method or leveling method. In a perfect world, people weigh their flour, but most do not own a kitchen scale. Every gluten-free flour blend has a different weight, making a scale even trickier.
Put the measuring scoop into the flour and fill. Do not pack the flour. Use a knife to scrape along the top to remove the extra flour.
You can also use a spoon to fill the measuring cup. Use a knife to level along the top to remove the extra flour.
Step 2: Add the melted butter and mix. Your shortbread crumble will look textured like this when you mix it all together.
Step 3: Put 2/3 of the crust mixture into an 8×8 pan. Press the crust into a baking dish.
Step 4: Spread raspberry jam over the crust layer.
Step 5: Spread out the fresh raspberries over the jam layer.
Step 6: Add dollops of cream cheese all over the top of the raspberries. Your gluten free raspberry cream cheese bars are almost ready to bake! This cream cheese will melt in and add some delicious creaminess!
Step 7: Sprinkle the slivered almonds over the cream cheese layer.
Step 8: Add the rest of the crumble over the almonds and bake at 350º F for 25 minutes.
Step 9: Allow your bars to cool before baking. The melted cream cheese gets pretty hot.
- Drizzle melted white or dark chocolate on top.
- Use a different fruit like strawberries or blueberries.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can use frozen raspberries, but they add extra moisture to these bars. I would thaw the raspberries and then drain off the extra liquid before adding them in.
You will want to bake these bars at 350º F for 25 minutes. If you use frozen raspberries, you must bake them longer due to the extra moisture.
You can make this dairy-free by using vegan butter and dairy-free cream cheese. I really like Kite Hill Cream Cheese. Daiya also works well.
These bars will keep up to 4 days in an airtight container for up to 4 months in the freezer.
You may also love these Gluten Free Blueberry Crumble Bars!
More Gluten Free Cookie Bar Recipes:
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough Magic Bars
- Gluten Free Banana Bars
- Yummy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Bars
- Paleo Lemon Bars
- Easy Gluten Free Apricot Jam Bars
Gluten Free Raspberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine, butter, flours, and sugar.
- It should look crumbly like the photo above.
- Put 2/3 of the crumble crust into a greased pan and press down as shown in the photo.
- Add a layer of jam on top of the crust.
- Spread fresh raspberries over the jam.
- Add chunks of cream cheese as shown in the photo.
- Add almonds on top, then add the remaining 1/3 crumble topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn’t mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter and substitute dairy-free cream cheese.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your donuts grainy.
- These cookie bars will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older May 2016 post.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!