These heart-shaped, gluten free strawberry linzer cookies are a wonderful treat for any time, especially for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and I knew I wanted to create a special gluten free linzer cookie just for the occasion.
If you ask my son, who thinks romance is “icky”, he has no idea why I would want to make a heart-shaped cookie. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard “eeewww romance” uttered from his mouth. LOL. Someday he will get it, and when he does, I will make these cookies just for him :-).
One of my very favorite cookies are linzer cookies. They can be filled with all sorts of delicious things like Nutella, frosting, or even strawberry jam. Enjoy this gluten free linzer cookie recipe…and let me know what you would fill yours with.
We hope you love these easy gluten free strawberry linzer cookies as much as we did!
More Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipes to try:
If you are making these for Valentine’s Day, here are even more great Gluten Free Desserts for Valentine’s!
Gluten Free Nutella Linzer Cookies are still my all-time favorite. Who can say no to Nutella?
Gluten Free Pumpkin Butter Linzer Cookies use a sugar cookie base for a sweet treat.
Linzer cookies look a lot more complicated to make than they are. This gluten free linzer cookie recipe is easy to make, just like sugar cookies.
All you need are two cookie cutters of the same shape, one smaller than the other.
These cookies are then cut out and baked. These hearts are cooling off so I can add the jam.
Once the jam is added, they just need a dusting of powdered sugar.
More Delicious Valentine’s Day Recipes to Try:
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
How to make these Gluten Free Cookies for Valentine’s Day:
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, this is for dough
- 8-10 drops red food coloring
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients.
- Turn on mixer onto low to mix.
- Add half of the dry ingredients.
- Mix on low and gradually increase the speed until it is on medium.
- Turn back to low speed and add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- When the dough is formed, turn off the mixer.
- Dust flour on a sheet of wax paper.
- Put the dough on and add a dusting of flour to the top.
- (My dough was a little sticky so I had to do this.)
- Put another sheet of wax paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts.
- Use a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts in half of the cookies to make a hole.
- (See photo of cookies cooling above to see)
- Place on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Don't let them get brown in the oven.
- Remove from baking sheet from the oven and move the cookies to a cooling rack.
- When cool, spread strawberry jam on the bottom half.
- Top with heart cookie with the smaller heart cut out.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92 Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 4mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 2g