This gluten free blueberry skillet pancake is a sure thing if you want a quick and tasty breakfast. My kids love the fresh blueberries cooked into this gluten free pancake. (Of course you can use frozen too if fresh blueberries are hard to find.)
Our family got home late from Baltimore last night. Jet-lagged with not much food in the house, I set out to find an easy breakfast for our family. Pancakes are always a popular breakfast and even my picky child will eat them.
We hope you love this big gluten free blueberry skillet pancake as much as my kids did!
This gluten free pancake recipe is so easy to make because it is one giant pancake 🙂
You will find this is a very versatile pancake recipe. You can use any fruit you may have on hand, anything would taste great in this simple gluten free pancake. Top with powdered sugar, maple syrup, or both!
(*Please note there are affiliate links in this recipe. Making a purchase from a link will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I really appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten-free flour blend.
- A cast iron skillet. These are so nice to be able to use in the oven.
How to make a gluten free pancake:
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fruit filling
- coconut oil to grease cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a cast iron skillet and put into the oven to get hot.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add fruit and stir to blend.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven. Pour batter into hot cast iron skillet.
- Use a pot holder to grab handle and move cast iron skillet to the oven.
- Cook 10-15 minutes until it puffs up.
- Top with powdered sugar and/or syrup.
Lodge 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet. Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet with Red Silicone Hot Handle Holder.
Pamela's Products Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend, 4 Pound
There are affiliate links in my posts. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 388 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 225mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 9g Protein: 12g
If you like pancakes, try these Gluten Free Coconut Pecan Pancakes.
More Yummy Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas