If you are a choco-holic, this super creamy dark chocolate custard will be your downfall.
This is the dark chocolate dessert that will make you weep tears of joy.
I think this would be the recipe my besties say is better than sex. (I had to say that because my friends are serious choco-holics!)
Dark chocolate, melt in your mouth, creamy smooth.
And I can guarantee that this easy dark chocolate custard recipe is good enough to be that special “Valentines Day” dessert, for a romantic night, or for a special family dessert.
With dessert on my mind, I had to hide these in our garage refrigerator and clean ALL traces of them from the kitchen before my kids came home from school. (If I didn’t, my kids would have devoured all of this dessert.)
Because the days are so short now, if I don’t have a recipe ready to photograph by 1:00, I have to wait until the next day.
I KNEW there was NO way these would make it until tomorrow. My kids obviously have developed a reputation :-).
So, I scrambled to clean the kitchen and wash all dishes with even the smallest trace of chocolate. I wrapped these in plastic wrap then hid them behind a big bunch of kale. My kids won’t go ten feet from the kale, so I knew these would stay safe.
This dish is simple to make with any dark chocolate chips, though I have to give an unsolicited plug for Ghirardelli dark melting pieces. Their flavor is definitely a winner in this recipe.
In a small pot, heat the heavy cream and coconut milk. Add in the dark chocolate, whisking constantly. Follow the recipe instructions and then pour into the ramekins.
Make sure there is at least an inch of water in the pan around the ramekins.
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- These little ramekins are perfect for baking this custard in.
- Dark Melting Chocolate. This melts so smoothly.
How to make dark chocolate custard:
Easy creamy dark chocolate custard.
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup coconut milk not light
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, add heavy cream and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chocolate and whisk continuously.
- In a small dish, add egg yolks.
- Temper the eggs by putting a little of the hot chocolate mixture into the eggs, whisking quickly.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pot and whisk to blend.
- Cook one more minute.
- Spray coconut oil into each ramekin.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture into the ramekins. (I had enough chocolate to fill six ramekins.)
- Place the ramekins into a pan.
- Pour hot water into the pan so that it comes up halfway to cover the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Here are some delicious recipes to make a complete meal with this dessert.
For even more chocolate, give these flourless chocolate peanut butter brownies a try!