My savory homemade ground pork pasta sauce is the perfect pasta sauce for a family meal idea! It has everything you need, tons of flavor, garlic, and other delicious seasonings, and it tastes amazing over pasta or zucchini zoodles.
The whole family will be begging you to make this for dinner! Every scrumptious bite of this pork tomato sauce will leave you yearning for the next. You will want to check out all of my best ground pork recipes.
I know that sometimes it can be difficult to talk your kids into eating more vegetables. But, I highly recommend having your kids try this sauce over zucchini noodles, one of the Fearless Dining kids will eat it and be happy about it!
While this tasty homemade pork pasta sauce is cooking, you should take a look at my tips for making sure your gluten free pasta doesn't turn out mushy! Al dente pasta is the best!
Why this sauce is so good:
My homemade ground pork pasta sauce recipe is full of flavor. It cooks up quickly and freezes well. If you have been looking for a new pasta sauce recipe to make, you really need to give this sauce a try!
This is a pork tomato sauce that improves as it cooks because when you simmer it slowly, the flavors all seem to blend together so much better. It has all of the flavors of your favorite Italian meat sauce!!
You can also use this simple pork pasta sauce recipe in my Gluten Free Ziti Casserole recipe. Are you ready to give this family-friendly dinner recipe a try?
Dip these crusty gluten free breadsticks in the sauce...it is oh so good!
- Tomato sauce - I like to use unsalted tomato sauce.
- Ground pork - I love the flavor of ground pork, but you can also use ground beef, turkey, or chicken.
- Basil and oregano - You can use fresh spices or dried in this recipe.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: In a large pan, brown your ground pork with the onion and finely chopped spices.
Step 2: Add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Optional, if you like a little spice, add a few red pepper flakes to the sauce!
Serve this pork spaghetti sauce on top of gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles. Because every brand of gluten free pasta has different cooking directions, I am not going to say how long to boil your pasta.
If you want zucchini noodles, you can use a spiralizer to make curly zucchini noodles, or you can buy pre-spiralized noodles at many grocery stores.
This pork pasta sauce is pretty basic but you can jazz it up with veggies! One fantastic thing about it is that you can actually add extra veggies to add more nutrition and flavor. Here are some other ideas to try out:
- Yellow squash or zucchini
Expert Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Our family loves to use ground pork in many recipes. Ground pork isn't as low fat as ground turkey or chicken, but it adds so much rich flavor to recipes. Ground pork is high in protein and has many nutrients
You can save leftover meat pasta sauce for 4-5 days in the fridge if you keep them in an airtight container. You can reheat via a stovetop or microwave.
You can make this pasta sauce with a few ingredients and about 20 minutes! Just follow along with the recipe and you can enjoy a tasty homemade pasta sauce.
You can use any ground meat to make my sauce recipe. Ground turkey or chicken will make this sauce low-fat.
Dip this delicious gluten free flatbread into the sauce!
How to freeze pasta sauce:
I often freeze pasta sauce. I love to use this souper cubes product above for freezing pasta sauce in easy to use portions.
More gluten free pork recipes to try:
Ground Pork Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound raw ground pork * see note
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes unsalted
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- optional crushed red peppers
- In a pot, add the oil and onion and cook until the onions become translucent about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the raw ground pork and spices.
- Cook on medium heat, breaking up the pork into pieces until the pork is browned.
- Add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over gluten free pasta or zucchini zoodles.
- You can use any ground meat in this recipe if you can't find ground pork.
- These tips for cooking gluten free pasta help you avoid mushy pasta.
- This pasta sauce will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)