There is nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter evening. This chili mac ground pork soup is one of my son’s favorites. Pour some of this comforting hot soup in a bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, and fresh cilantro.
If you love soup as much as I do, don’t forget to check out all of the delicious gluten free soup recipes on my blog to find your next favorite :-).
I have to put an unsolicited plug for an organic meat CSA that we receive each month from Prather Ranch. (**I am not being compensated, nor have I received any free product. Cooking with this healthy fresh meat is so convenient.)
If you love ground pork as much as we do in recipes, check out all of my delicious gluten free Ground Pork Recipes.
Ground pork is as easy to use in recipes as ground beef, or ground turkey. It has a hearty flavor, but it is a little higher in fat than other ground meats. Ground pork is tender meat and I thought it would add a lot of extra flavor to this soup.
(I have created a few minced pork recipes besides this ground pork chili. If you are looking for more ground pork recipes, try these delicious Ground Pork Asian Lettuce Wraps or these Ground Pork Mini Meatballs.)
This ground pork chili soup recipe satisfies my son, who is in a constant state of growth…and yes, he is now 5’8 at only 13 years old! We are sharing one of his favorite soups, Ground Pork Chili Mac Soup.
My son loves soup recipes that have a little spice, so this is a soup I make in bulk. If you prefer a real hearty chili…you will want to try this Ground Pork Chili recipe!
This soup is really easy to make, you can watch my very amateur video. Here is the short video of how I made this soup. I put it on YouTube so the file size wouldn’t slow down this page. It is my very first video and I still have a lot to learn :-).
How to cook gluten free macaroni and other kinds of pasta:
Note, when using gluten free macaroni for this soup recipe, there are some tips to make sure your pasta stays al-dente and doesn’t turn to mush. You can follow these steps to keep your pasta from getting mushy:
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Drain the pasta immediately into a colander. When pasta sits in a colander, it continues to cook!
- Dump the pasta in a bowl of ice water. This halts the cooking process so that your pasta stays firm.
Can you use ground beef, chicken, or turkey in this recipe?
You can use any ground meat to make this chili mac recipe…even bison!
What is ground pork made of?
I was surprised to see this question come up…ground pork is made of ground-up pork.
If you love cooking with ground pork, here are some delicious recipes to try:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups cooked gluten free elbow pasta
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream, cilantro and cheese for garnish.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Brown ground pork.
- Add onion, carrot, zucchini and garlic.
- Cook until onions are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add water, tomatoes and sauce, beans, broth, spices.
- Stir then cover the pot.
- Reduce heat to medium low and bring to a boil.
- Add cooked pasta towards the end.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro.
If you don't have ground pork, use ground turkey or ground beef.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 7gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
These light and fluffy gluten free cheddar herb muffins will taste amazing with this soup!
Want a dessert to finish off the meal? Give this Fool Proof Gluten Free Apple Cake a try.