The whole family is going to love this hearty ground pork chili recipe. Not only is this recipe easy to make, but you can vary the level of spice so that even your picky ones will love the flavor!
Dive your fork into the chunks of ground pork, kidney beans, and hatch green chiles because they blend together perfectly for a flavorful bite! This chili recipe is perfect for lunch, dinner, pot luck, or game day!
Winter is the time when we love chili... which may sound strange given we are from Texas where chili cook-offs happened all year long! Chili is comfort food for the whole family, except for my picky one :-).
If you are looking for another great family-friendly recipe with ground pork, you will want to try this Ground Pork Fried Rice recipe too!
If you love ground pork as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my family-friendly ground pork recipes!
Recipes with ground pork:
Our family loves cooking with ground pork. All you need is one pound of ground pork, and you can make a hearty dinner quickly. Give ground pork a try in this Paleo Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps recipe or this Italian Ground Pork Meatballs recipe. The whole family will love trying these new recipes.
The spice comes from fire-roasted hatch chiles. If you love hatch chiles as much as we do...I have a lot of fabulous gluten free hatch chile recipes that you will love. You will also find a great tutorial and video on how to fire-roast hatch chiles. I am not including that all here or this post will get very long.
Are you ready to try this easy ground pork chili recipe? I love using my Cast Iron Dutch oven to cook chili in.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Add oil to a pot and heat on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped onion and ground pork. Cook until the meat is browned.
Step 2: Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooked pork.
Step 3: Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The longer this cooks, the more the flavors merge and blend together!
Step 4: Enjoy! You can top your chili with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, chives, guacamole...or anything you like!
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can make this chili recipe with any meat you like...ground turkey, bison, beef, chicken, or even vegan meat.
If there is a non-meat vegan substitute that you really enjoy, of course, feel free to use it instead of the meat in this recipe.
This chili will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store it in an air-tight container.
You can easily freeze this chili. Thaw in the microwave or stovetop.
If you love chili, this Padron Pepper Chili is pretty tasty too!
More delicious gluten free pork recipes to try:
Hearty Ground Pork Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-3 tablespoons hatch green chiles depending on how spicy you like it
- 1 28 ounce can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon oil I used avocado
- In a pot, add the oil and let it warm for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, garlic, and ground pork and cook until the pork is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Top with cheddar, scallions, sour cream or anything else you like.
- You can use any ground meat in this recipe.
- You can use black, pinto, or kidney beans.
- This chili will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)