The whole family is going to love this hearty ground pork chili recipe. Not only is this recipe easy to make, but you can vary the level of spice so that even your picky ones will love the flavor!
Dive your fork into the chunks of ground pork, kidney beans, and hatch green chiles because they blend together perfectly for a flavorful bite! This chili recipe is perfect for lunch, dinner, pot luck, or game day!
If you love ground pork as much as we do, you will want to check out all of my family-friendly ground pork recipes!
Winter is the time when we love chili…that may sound strange given we are from Texas where chili cook-offs happened all year long! Chili is comfort food for the whole family, except for my picky one :-).
Recipes with Ground Pork
Our family loves cooking with ground pork. All you need is one pound of ground pork, and you can make a hearty dinner quickly. Give ground pork a try in this Paleo Ground Pork Lettuce Wraps recipe or this Italian Ground Pork Meatballs recipe. The whole family will love trying these new recipes.
The spice comes from fire-roasted hatch chiles. If you love hatch chiles as much as we do…I have a lot of fabulous gluten free hatch chile recipes that you will love. You will also find a great tutorial and video on how to fire-roast hatch chiles. I am not including that all here or this post will get very long.
Are you ready to try this easy ground pork chili recipe? I love using my Cast Iron Dutch oven to cook chili in.
- Ground pork
- Hatch chiles (freshly roasted, frozen, or canned)
- Kidney beans
- Spices (chili powder and cumin)
- Optional shredded cheddar and sour cream
How to make ground pork chili:
Add oil to a pot and heat on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the chopped onion and ground pork. Cook until the meat is browned.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooked pork. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. The longer this cooks, the more the flavors merge and blend together!
Enjoy! You can top your chili with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, chives, guacamole…or anything you like!
Can you make this chili recipe with different meat?
You can make this chili recipe with any meat you like…ground turkey, bison, beef, or chicken.
Can you make this chili vegan?
If there is a non-meat vegan substitute that you really enjoy, of course, feel free to use it instead of the meat in this recipe.
What can you serve with this ground pork chili recipe?
More delicious chili recipes to try:
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-3 tablespoons hatch green chiles (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 28 ounce can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used avocado)
- In a pot, add the oil and let it warm for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, carrots, garlic, and ground turkey and cook until the turkey is browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Top with cheddar, scallions, sour cream or anything else you like.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 656mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 28g