One bit of this gooey, creamy hot cream cheese dip and you are going to keep on dipping. This cream cheese dip recipe is quick and easy and is perfect for any time. Gameday, a party, or just because.
Not only is this one of the most popular hot cheese dips I make, but this appetizer is ready in just minutes! If you love appetizers as much as we do, don't forget to check out my Best Gluten Free Appetizer Recipes!
With school in full swing, I am always thinking about how to get my kids to eat more protein so that they have some energy for after-school activities and homework.
(*This post was sponsored by Lance Snacks. I appreciate any support you give to the brands that help support this site. Please know, all crunchy opinions are my own. Thank you!)
I know I have spent a lot of time talking about Lance Gluten Free Crackers. I can't help it. Their crackers are so easy to enjoy by themselves and in my favorite recipes. Today I want to talk more about Lance Gluten Free Cheddar Cheese Crackers.
Lance's Gluten Free Crackers are AHMAZING dipped into this gooey hot cheese dip!!
These cheese crackers are perfect to use in recipes like this delicious quiche recipe, they are great alone packed in my kids' school lunches, and they make a fun cracker for dips!
Before we knew we had to be gluten-free, I fed my kids Cheez It crackers. Once we eliminated gluten from our diets, we missed cheese crackers. It is hard when your kids are young and you take away their favorite foods.
There wasn't a substitute and I wasn't savvy enough to create a gluten-free cheese cracker for them. I have to say, we are pretty thankful to have found Lance Gluten Free Crackers.
Are you ready to give this recipe a try?
I think you will love this cheese dip because it is so versatile You can use your favorite flavors in this hot dip. We love scallion, so we used chopped scallions in our recipe.
- Thawed frozen spinach that has had the extra water squeezed out.
- Chopped canned artichokes.
- Onions and bacon.
- Sundried tomatoes or fire roasted red peppers.
- Fire roasted hatch chiles! This would add a lot of delicious spice to this cheese dip.
I made a double batch of this dip because I knew my kids would love to snack on it after school. I used a high protein Greek cream cheese so I knew this would give them an energy boost to get started on their homework.
When should I serve this dip?
You can serve this dip for pretty much any occasion you can think of. We like to eat it for a snack, but here are some other ideas for you:
- Dinner Party - Serve it as an appetizer and everyone will be begging for the recipe.
- Showers - This hot dip will go over well with a crowd, so a baby or bridal shower is the perfect event to serve it at.
- Potlucks - Take this to the next potluck, and I am confident you won’t have any leftovers to bring home.
The first step is to let the cream cheese soften on the counter. I took mine out before I took the kids to school. By the time everyone was dropped off, it was the perfect temperature for the mixer.
Spread out the cheese, then spread parmesan on top. Bake for 15 minutes and serve hot. If you are looking for another hot cheese dip, try this Southwestern Cheese Dip too!
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze leftover cream cheese dip. I will warn you that the texture may be slightly different than when you make it fresh. It will still taste fabulous, and you can make a double batch to freeze for later.
To freeze the dip, place it in an airtight glass container, plastic bowl with lid or freezer bag. The best way to defrost the dip is the place it in the fridge the night before then you can rewarm it in the oven.
How can you tell if cheese dip went bad?
Cream cheese dip has gone bad if it has developed any kind of mold or discoloration. If it has become dried out or is slimy, then that is another indication that it is old. Cream cheese should never feel chalky or grainy either.
If the dip no longer smells good and you notice a sour odor, then toss it out. Typically, the leftover refrigerated dip will last 5-6 days.
Can you reheat this dip?
Yes, you can totally reheat hot cream cheese dip. My favorite way is to warm it up in the oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until it is heated all the way. The microwave is another option if you are in a hurry.
If you decide to use the microwave heat it in 20-30 second intervals. It will heat really fast, so you want to stir it, so the edges don’t overcook.
(*TIP: cover the dish with wax paper if you microwave it to prevent it from exploding all over the roof of your microwave.)
Can I make this in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make this quick and easy hot cream cheese dip in the slow cooker. I actually love to do this as the flavors blend beautifully!!
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir them up and heat them on low for 2-3 hours. If you want to add any extra ingredients like bacon, put them in at the same time as the other ingredients.
- Once the dip is gooey, bubbly and hot, it is done. **It’s important not to overcook the hot cream cheese dip because it will begin to separate after a while and the texture will be off.
🥗 Serve with:
This creamy hot dip goes well with delicious crackers, but you can actually serve it with all kinds of foods. Here are some of my favorites:
- Vegetables - Dip veggies like carrots and celery or top cooked asparagus with it!
- Bread - Take pieces of gluten free bread and dip! I promise every bite is going to be delicious. Try my Gluten Free Focaccia Bread recipe!
- Pretzels - Use your favorite gluten free pretzels, and there won’t be a drop of dip leftover!
- French Fries - All I can say is holy yumminess! You will want to indulge in this every once in a while.
- Tortilla chips - Everything tastes great with crunchy tortilla chips.
Looking for more appetizers? Take a look at these drool-worthy treats:
Hot Cream Cheese Dip with Scallions
- 8 ounces Greek Cream Cheese Softened. Regular cream cheese is okay if you can't find Greek cream cheese
- 4 ounces Gouda shredded
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add softened cream cheese to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add garlic, gouda, scallions, and seasoning. Mix in with the electric mixer.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with crackers.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free chocolate desserts e-cookbook!)