If you like shishito peppers, this sautéd chicken with shishito pepper sauce over cheesy polenta will be a great dish for you to try.
Shishito peppers are my new best friend. I love all of the fun ways they can be used in recipes!
This is an easy dish that takes advantage of shishito peppers being in season. Shishito peppers are all over the farmer’s markets, and even in some grocery stores like Trader Joe’s.
I must be on a pepper kick this week because this is my second pepper dish. Shishito peppers are fun to cook with. Only about 1 in 10 have any heat, though I must tell you, I have yet to eat a really spicy one.
Shishito peppers are best when they are cooked in either a cast iron skillet or tossed in a basket on the grill. You eat the whole pepper, no need to remove the skin. Here is a great recipe for sauted shishito peppers with garlic.
How to make the shishito pepper sauce:
Grind up the shishito peppers in a food processor. I love the Cuisinart Immersion Blender with Attachments. I use it in many recipes because it is so versatile and easy to clean.
Mashed and ready to add to the sauteed chicken.
By sautéing the chicken with the shishito peppers, it adds incredible flavors to the chicken.
More Delicious Shishito Pepper Recipes to Try:
- 8 Ways to Fall In Love With Shishito Peppers (My favorite shishito recipes!)
- Shishito Sweet Red Pepper Soup (Yes, shishito peppers can come in red!)
- Chilled Shishito Pepper Soup
- Shishito Pepper & Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 1 package shishito peppers, about 20-25 peppers, tops removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- Polenta, make according to package instructions
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Make polenta according to package instructions.
- Add 3/4 cup Mexican cheese to polenta and allow cheese to melt in by stirring.
- Wash shishito peppers and either grill or cook in a cast iron skillet to blacken.
- Remove stems and place them into a blender or food processor with 2 cloves garlic and 1 teaspoon avocado oil.
- Blend until the peppers are broken up.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon avocado oil.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and scallions.
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Add shishito peppers and chicken broth.
- Cook until chicken is done.
- Whisk in corn starch to thicken sauce.
- Put polenta on the plate and top with chicken and shishito pepper sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 379 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 1057mg Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 1g Protein: 17g
What is your favorite pepper recipe?
Click here to see all of the meal recipes on this blog.
Round out the meal with this dessert idea:
Here is another delicious pepper recipe to try. Stuffed Pasilla Peppers.