So you found shishito peppers in your farmer’s market or store and you don’t know what to do with them? Here are 8 unique and tasty recipes to help get you started.
Up until a year ago, I had no idea what shishito peppers were. Friends of ours all met us for dinner one night in downtown Campbell. (There weren’t a ton of gluten-free appetizers on the menu, so we decided to give these shishito peppers a try.) They were fire roasted with chunks of garlic.
Can I say YUM any louder? We inhaled those peppers so quickly I think our waitress was surprised :-).
I love peppers, but for some reason, I always walked right by them. Now I know exactly how to have fun with these fun little peppers in my kitchen. Shishito peppers are incredibly versatile and work in so many different kinds of recipes. Fire roasting almost seems boring in comparison to these 8 fabulous, and highly creative recipes!
Fun Shishito Pepper Facts
- Not into spicy?? Not to worry. They say only 1 in 10 shishito peppers is spicy. (*I will add I have yet to find a spicy one. I haven’ t even broken out into a sweat over one.)
- Shishito peppers can be eaten raw like any pepper, but they are more fun to use in recipes when they are cooked.
- Shishito peppers can be fire roasted on a grill or pan-fried.
- You can eat the whole pepper, but I highly recommend not eating the top.
- Can you eat the seeds of shishito peppers? Absolutely!
Are you ready to try some delicious easy gluten-free shishito pepper recipes? Here is what to do with shishito peppers:
Yummy Desserts to Try After Dinner