These sweet juicy strawberries, cream cheese, and a delicious sweet crumble combine into the perfect gluten free dessert! Everyone will love this Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Bars recipe and nobody will know it is gluten free!
(* This post was sponsored by CK Mondavi. All delicious opinions are my own!)
One bite, and I promise you will be hooked too! If you love strawberries as much as we do, you will love this healthier gluten free strawberry oatmeal breakfast bars recipe too!
Each of these recipes has a special CK Mondavi wine paired with it. I have wanted to add another dessert to the pairings, so I hope you enjoy this new recipe! Wait until you try their Chardonnay; it is medium-bodied with a hint of oak...there are so many ways to enjoy it this summer.
Excellent! I used raspberries and it was awesome."Mike L., Pinterest user.
- Gluten Free Flour Blend - I tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure For Measure. Other brands should work; let me know in the comments which brands you use!
- Xanthan Gum - If your blend doesn't contain xanthan gum or guar gum, add 1 teaspoon.
- Almond Flour - I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your bars grainy.
- Strawberries - Use fresh or frozen strawberries. See the FAQ below for tips if you use frozen strawberries!
- Cream Cheese - I used Philadelphia Brand, but check Is Cream Cheese Gluten Free for more brand recommendations.
- Strawberry Jam - You can use any flavor of jam and type of fruit. These Gluten Free Apricot Jam Bars are another jam lovers dessert!
You may also love this easy Gluten Free Lemon Oat Bars recipe!
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Are you ready to see how easy these strawberry crumble bars are to make? Gather your ingredients!! Let's start by making the crust.
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients to a large
Step 2: Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. For best results, scrape down the sides of the bowl, so you get everything mixed well. You can also use a standing mixer to make the crust.
Step 3: Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. You can prepare the baking pan with non-stick spray oil if you prefer.
Step 4: Pour ¾ of the crust mixture into an 8x8 pan. (Reserve the remaining crust for the top crumble.)
Step 5: Use a flat bottom glass or your palm to press the gluten free crust mixture down in the pan. Pack it in tightly!
Step 6: Use a large spoon to spread strawberry jam onto the crust dough.
Step 7: Wash the strawberries and remove the tops. Slice them thinly. Add the sliced fresh strawberries on top of the jam in an even layer.
Step 8: Sprinkle the rest of the crust over the top of the bars, then add chunks of the cream cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Step 9: I baked my strawberry bars for 30 minutes. If your strawberries are very juicy, you may need to bake your bars 10 minutes longer to get the crust baked in the middle.
I am really excited about this new strawberry bar recipe I created. I wanted to pull in foods that would pair with this delicious chardonnay by CK Mondavi. The sweet flavors of ripe strawberries pair beautifully with the lemon and citrus flavors of this wine.
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
Yes, there are some good dairy-free cream cheese brands are out there. Try Kite Hill or Tofutti cream cheeses. If you can't have butter, substitute coconut oil.
I add almond flour to sneak in protein to balance out the sugar. If you can't eat nuts, simply increase the gluten-free flour blend to 1 ½ cups and omit the almond flour.
You can use frozen strawberries, but you will need to thaw and drain off some of the liquid before adding them to the crust. Otherwise, it will be too soggy.
More Gluten Free Bars Recipes:
- Gluten Free Blueberry Oat Bars
- The Best Gluten Free Banana Bars
- Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter M&M Bars
- Paleo Lemon Bars
Delicious Gluten Free Strawberry Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend * see notes
- ¾ cup almond flour * see notes
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- 1 ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Wash and slice the strawberries.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add the butter and egg. Make sure the melted butter is not hot. Add a little butter to the egg and whisk, this tempers the egg so it won't cook. Add the rest of the butter and whisk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well. Pour ¾ of the crust mixture into the baking pan and press flat to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the jam over the crust, then add the strawberries.
- Top with chunks of cream cheese and the rest of the crumble crust mix.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend, and Authentic Foods Multi Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- I highly suggest using almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is more coarse and will make your bars grainy.
- If you would like to make these bars dairy-free, you can substitute the butter for vegan stick butter and use a dairy-free cream cheese by Kite Hill or Daiya.
- These strawberry cream cheese bars will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container, or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn't test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an older June 2019 post with more detailed directions.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free lemon dessert e-cookbook!)
I just made these following the recipe exactly, except used frozen blueberries and wild blueberry preserves. Sooooo good! It’s a good thing I doubled the recipe. Thank you so much for sharing❣️
I am so glad you enjoyed them, Shari. Thank you so much for coming back to let me know!
I made these with my daughter and everyone loved them!
I am so glad you loved them :-).
What could I substitute for the almond flour? My son can't have nut or coconut flours.
Hi Marilyn, I would use this recipe instead. https://www.fearlessdining.com/simple-gluten-free-strawberry-oatmeal-bars/
These bars look as heavenly as they taste! The combination of strawberry and cheese makes for a refreshingly divine flavor!
Thank you so much Izzy 🙂
Bintu | Recipes From A Pantry
These look ever so sweet and delicious! I love that they're gluten free too!
Thank you so much Bintu, they are indeed gluten free 🙂
Anything with strawberry is good with me. The perfect summer dessert.
Thank you so much Dannii 🙂
What a savory dessert for summer! I know what I will be having after dinner tonight; this looks delicious!
That is wonderful. Enjoy Sara 🙂
Ashley @ Sweetpea Lifestyle
Wow!! These look amazing!!! I'm trying these with some blueberries I just picked this weekend -- I am highly allergic to strawberries. Any tips for using blueberries instead?!
Hi Ashley, you can sub in blueberries quite easily, just make a blueberry layer instead of strawberry -)
I can see why I will become hooked on these bars. Fortunately, you also suggested the perfect wine to pair them with!!
I am so glad you like them Betsy 🙂