Sweet potato nachos are a delicious and healthy twist on traditional nacho recipes! Potato nachos are a quick and easy gluten free appetizer to make for game day, or for a healthy snack.
If you love nachos, don’t forget to check out my easy 3 ingredients homemade bean dip and nachos recipes.
Are you getting ready for game day get-togethers? We are having a party with our friends to celebrate football and I am planning out what appetizers to serve.
Sweet Potato Nachos – A Party Favorite
My New Year’s resolution was to try to make some of my favorite foods healthier. Mr. Fearless Dining often says I could live on nachos…and he is right. What better recipe to make healthier than my favorite nachos recipe?
These potato nachos are healthy, delicious, and full of protein. They are also vegetarian and naturally gluten free so I will be able to enjoy them anytime. This recipe is also perfect for a party!
When you watch the big game, do you put out a table full of appetizers like a buffet? You may like these BBQ Chicken Nachos.
You could just fill the table with all sorts of yummy nacho recipes!
You will love how crispy the potatoes get without frying.
How do I thinly slice potatoes?
The first step to making these sweet potato nachos is to thinly slice the potatoes. You can slice your potatoes a few different ways:
- With a mandolin slicer. I love my slicer but do make sure to use the vegetable grip so you don’t accidentally cut your finger!
- You can also use a food processor if you have one that will slice.
- If you don’t have either of these machines, a simple sharp knife will do. Just be careful of those fingers!!
Can I fry the potato slices?
You can definitely fry the potatoes if you want your potato nachos to be really crispy!
How to Make Baked Potato Nachos
My little secret “hack” to get crispy potatoes is to brush olive oil onto each slice, and then bake them for 10 minutes before topping them.
For this baked sweet potato nacho recipe, I used Ro*TEL spicy tomatoes and refried beans.
Feel free to use your favorite refried beand and chunky salsa if you prefer.”
To create these nachos, all you need are sweet potatoes, shredded cheese, Ro*TEL or salsa, refried beans, and cilantro. Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, and/or scallions!
Take a large sweet potato and slice it thinly. Brush olive oil on each slice then bake the sweet potato slices for 15 minutes.
Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven. Top with beans and salsa.
Finally, top with cheese and bake an additional 8-10 minutes.
When Should I Serve Potato Nachos?
These nachos are best hot right out of the oven! These nachos make a delicious appetizer for game day or any party!
More Delicious Potato Recipes To Try:
- Sloppy Joe Pie with a Mashed Potato Crust
- Mashed Potato Pie with Bacon Roses
- Pizza Stuffed Hasselback Potatoes
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
(*Please note there may be affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase through this link will not change the price you pay, but a tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Sweet Potato Nacho Recipe:
How to Make Sweet Potato Nachos:
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes, skins washed and sliced thinly
- 1 can Rosarita Refried Beans
- 1 can RO*TEL
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray olive oil on a cookie sheet.
- Lay sweet potato slices across pan.
- Brush olive oil on each slice.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with beans, Ro*TEL, and cheese.
- Return these to the oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 137mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 5g