If you love cheese and potatoes, these gluten free bacon ricotta cheesy scalloped potatoes are going to become a family favorite.
If bacon, cheese, and potatoes sound like comfort food to you, this super easy casserole will leave your family screaming for more.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
The sauce is similar to an alfredo sauce, with lots of bacon :-). It is a crazy easy side dish recipe that is perfect for entertaining. You can make a delicious gluten free alfredo sauce with this recipe and top your favorite veggies!
My daughter had planned to write-up her favorite pasta dish for my blog a few months ago. It all started with an idea she had a couple of months ago. We carefully made, and tested, and re-tested the recipe several times to make sure it was the creamiest, most delicious it could be.
Then, life happens and she wasn’t able to complete this due to an injury. Once school started, she had too much school work to do to catch up. We have been sitting on this recipe because she really wants to be the one to write the post.
“I felt guilty holding this recipe from you, because I really believe it is going to rock your world.
I was going to make this recipe for dinner and discovered I didn’t have a bag of gluten free pasta.
(I don’t think we will ever get sick of this sauce…it is that good!)
I did have a lot of potatoes, and hence this recipe was adapted into a cheesy bacon lovers’ side dish.
More Delicious Potato Recipes to Try:
- Mashed Potato Pie with Bacon Roses
- Kid-Friendly Sloppy Joe Pie
- Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes
- Duchess Potatoes
How to slice potatoes thinly:
I use a mandoline slicer to keep my potato slices all the same thickness. You can also use a sharp knife, but be really careful!!
How to make scalloped potatoes:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 5 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet, add bacon and cook. Remove the bacon and drain grease. (Leave brown scrapings on the bottom of the pan. When the bacon is cool, chop into pieces.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and saute.
- Add ricotta, cream, and salt. Cook on medium heat, scraping the bottom of the pan to mix in the pan scrapings.
- Add bacon and parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Spray olive oil on a 8x8 baking dish. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and then thinly slice them so that you have a lot of potato circles.
- Put down a layer of potatoes along the entire bottom of the pan.
- Pour some of the cheesy mixture on top. Add another layer of potatoes and repeat adding cheese mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 375 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 531mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g
More Yummy Recipes to Try!