It is my favorite time of year and today we are celebrating with cookies. These gluten free nutella linzer cookies would make a great treat for any holiday gathering.
I am back with a special round up today. Are you getting ready for the holidays? This is one of my favorite times of year…and not just because I get to make and eat a lot of cookies! 🙂
I have wanted to use Nutella in a recipe for a long time. Every time I buy a small jar, it seems to vanish before I can create something with it.
Does this ever happen in your house?
Well this time I had a plan. I bought the Nutella while the kids were at school, then I hid the jar in the garage.
I know, I know….silly, right?
But, you have to understand my family. They are HUGE nutella fans. They can sniff out a jar of nutella anywhere in my kitchen.
I am happy to report it worked and I hope you and your family enjoys these special cookies.
The dough mixes up really quickly. Refrigerate for an hour then roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
Use linzer cookie cutters to get the tops and bottoms.
Bake at 350 degrees.
Frost the bottoms with nutella, jam, or any filling you like.
Put the tops on, then dust with powdered sugar.
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add butter, sugar, and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix and put dough onto plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove dough and place on wax paper.
- Put another sheet of wax paper onto the top and roll to ½ inch thick.
- Use a linzer cutter to cut the shapes.
- Bake 8 minutes, remove to cooling rack.
- When cool, top the bottom with Nutella and add the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
For more gluten free cookies, check out my Gluten Free Dessert Board on Pinterest!