These gluten free cowboy cookies will satisfy all of your cookie cravings! Filled with shredded coconut, gluten free rolled oats, pecans, and chocolate chips, these cookies have all of our favorite things.
I am long overdue with another sinful gluten free cookie recipe. Have you missed those chewy cookies with tons of chocolate chips as much as I have?
These coconut gluten free chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make quickly. If you prefer a more classic cookie, this gluten free chocolate chip walnut cookie recipe is amazing!
My kids are becoming notorious for sneaking gluten free chocolate chip cookies and other treats out of the kitchen in record time. It doesn't even matter what kind of cookie, they steal these Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Sandwich Cookies too!
If you are a gluten free cookie fanatic like me, you will want to check out all of my best gluten free cookie recipes.
- Gluten free flour blend - Gluten free flour blend - I tested this recipe using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend and King Arthur's Measure for Measure Gluten Free Blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- Gluten free oats - When you bake recipes that require oats, make sure you use certified gluten free oats!! Cross-contamination of oats is very common and getting sick is just no fun!
- Xanthan gum - If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- Shredded coconut - I recommend using unsweetened since there is already sugar in this cookie recipe
- Pecans - You can also use walnuts or macadamia nuts if you prefer.
- Butter - To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
There are many brands of certified gluten free oats to choose from.
Recipe step by step directions:
Step 1: Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. You can use dark chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and even white chocolate chips! Choose your favorite!!
Step 2: Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. You can make this easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe in just one bowl for easy cleanup!
Step 3: Your gluten free cookie dough should be soft, not firm, like this photo. Use your cookie scoop to drop cookie balls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
Step 4: The cookie dough balls are ready to bake. Bake these cookies at 350º F for 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
Allow cooling if you have patience :-). Take a bite of these gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and let me know what you think!!
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
- Heath Bar
Tips and Recipe FAQ:
You can definitely make this gluten free cookie recipe dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter.
You can easily make this nut-free by omitting the nuts.
It is easy to freeze these cookies. Allow them to cool completely then put them in a zipper-style freezer bag. Lay flat to freeze.
These cookies will keep up to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
I recommend certified gluten free rolled oats. I don't think quick oats will work well and they will get mushy.
More delicious gluten free cookies to try!
- If you love almond joy flavors, these Gluten Free Almond Joy Cookie Bars are so good.
- Brookies are a cross between a cookie and a brownie! Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Brookies Cookies
- This gluten free cookie recipe is great anytime. Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies melt in your mouth!
Gluten Free Cowboy Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
- Put onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- I have tested this recipe with King Arthur Measure for Measure GF and Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF blend. That doesn't mean others will not work, I just have not tested other flours.
- If your gluten free flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum or guar gum, please add 1 teaspoon.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, substitute the butter for vegan butter.
- Use unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Make sure to use certified gluten free rolled oats.
- These cookies will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Freeze in a zipper-style freezer bag. Lay flat until they are frozen.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
If you love the recipes you find on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free gluten free holiday cookies baking tips!)