I am long overdue with another sinful gluten free cookie recipe. Have you missed those chewy cookies with tons of chocolate chips as much as I have?
These gluten free cowboy cookies will satisfy all of your cookie cravings! Filled with shredded coconut, gluten free rolled oats, pecans, and chocolate chips, these cookies have all of our favorite things.
If you are a gluten free cookie fanatic like me, you will want to check out all of my best gluten free cookie recipes.
These coconut gluten free chocolate chip cookies are so easy to make quickly.
My newest strategy to keep up with my kids’ cookie demand is to double the batch so that I can freeze half of the cookies. Lately, I think the kids are catching on to this idea and eating the extra cookies frozen…I have found several half-empty cookie bags in my freezer.
Little cookie thieves. Do your kids do this too?
My kids are becoming notorious for sneaking gluten free chocolate chip cookies and other treats out of the kitchen in record time. It doesn’t even matter what kind of cookie, they steal these Gluten Free Chocolate Cream Sandwich Cookies too!
Why You Must Use Certified Gluten Free Oats
We hope you enjoy these easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies as much as we do. When you bake recipes that require oats, make sure you use certified gluten free oats!! Cross-contamination of oats is very common and getting sick is just no fun!
There are many brands of certified gluten free oats to choose from.
- Certified gluten free oats
- Gluten free flour blend
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Brown sugar
- chocolate chips
Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. You can make this easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe in just one bowl for easy cleanup!
Your gluten free cookie dough should be soft, not firm, like this photo. Use your cookie scoop to drop cookie balls onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
The cookie dough balls are ready to bake. Bake at 350F degrees for 8 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
Allow cooling if you have patience :-). Take a bite of these gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and let me know what you think!!
More Cookie Mix-In Ideas:
- White chocolate chips
- Caramel bits
- Heath Bar
You can definitely make this gluten free cookie recipe dairy-free by using coconut oil instead of butter.
- Time to clean out the pantry to make these Gluten Free Compost Cookies!
- If you love almond joy flavors, these Gluten Free Almond Joy Cookie Bars are so good.
- Brookies are a cross between a cookie and a brownie! Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Brookies Cookies
- This gluten free cookie recipe is great anytime. Gluten Free Vanilla Crescent Cookies melt in your mouth!
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- A sturdy cookie scoop so all of your cookies come out the same size.
- Certified gluten free oats are critical so that you don’t risk getting glutened.
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to make cookie dough balls.
- Put onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5), Non Slip Colorful Silicone Bottom Nesting Storage Bowls by Aammaxs-yyi, Polished Mirror Finish For Healthy Meal Mixing and Prepping 1.5-2 - 2.5-3.5 - 7QT
- King Arthur Flour, Measure for Measure Flour, Gluten Free, 3 Pound
- Wilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Cookie Pan Set
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 124mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
(*This post was updated from an old March 2015 post. Below are the older pictures.)