If you are looking for a kid-friendly vegetable dish, these sweet potatoes and leeks pan-fried with honey is perfect for you. The sweet potatoes caramelize to make a delicious side-dish for any night of the week.
Today is all about simplicity.
Allergy friendly side dish
No long ingredient lists, complicated steps, or hard to find ingredients. Just an easy sweet potato side dish recipe that is perfect all year round. This dish is paleo, vegan, and totally kid-friendly.
Do you ever need an easy recipe that is simple to make? Our family loves sweet potatoes. No matter how picky my kids are, this is the one vegetable they will always eat.
This sweet potato and leeks with honey recipe is a delicious side dish recipe the whole family will love.
Simple Whole Food Ingredients
Sweet potatoes, leeks, coconut oil, and honey. Just four ingredients, yet these four ingredients yield a wonderful flavor. The honey caramelizes to creates a glaze on the sweet potatoes.
This side dish is a tasty accompaniment to any dish, including spicy foods.
Things You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Cast iron skillet. This is the best pan to make your sweet potatoes caramelize in high heat.
- Coconut oil is my favorite oil when cooking with high heat.
Easy kid-friendly sweet potato and leeks side dish.
- 4 sweet potatoes sliced
- 2 leeks sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and leeks.
- Cook until done. (The sweet potatoes will be soft if you stick a fork in it.)
- Turn heat to low.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
More Yummy Gluten Free Recipes to Try!