If you love quick and easy healthy appetizers, these Instant Pot gluten free barbecue turkey meatballs have a special ingredient that makes these hard to resist!!
Bacon. Yup, these turkey meatballs are also loaded with turkey bacon inside. Take a bite and try not to eat the whole batch of gluten free BBQ meatballs in one sitting!
They aren’t kidding when they say bacon makes it better. This bacon also makes it healthier because it is turkey bacon!
I started with what I call the drool shot. I hope you don’t mind but I am so excited to show off these yummy gluten free barbecue turkey meatballs! Do you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker? It makes cooking a total breeze!
Why this easy Instant Pot Meatball appetizer recipe is perfect for a party.
If you haven’t used a pressure cooker yet, wait until you see how fast it works to cook your food…without heating up your whole house! Now you can use your stove and oven for other food!
Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs
Let’s get back to the food because once you try these, you are going to become addicted. This easy gluten free meatball appetizer is perfect for any time including game day!
(*This post was sponsored by Smart & Final, but all opinions about this awesome store are my own.)
The downside of cooking for a crowd is the lack of space. Enter my two favorite things. 1.) My pressure cooker (Instant Pot), and 2.) Smart & Final. Smart & Final is my go-to place for great deals on the foods I love to buy.
(**They even get gluten free foods in, at a MUCH lower cost than regular grocery stores! Smart & Final has the lowest prices in town! You get warehouse prices on all of your family’s favorite foods.)
I found all of the ingredients at my local Smart & Final store, except the gluten free breadcrumbs. If you don’t need gluten free, Smart & Final also carries their own First Street Breadcrumbs that you can use!”
For this Instant Pot meatball recipe, I used First Street Ground Turkey, Turkey Bacon, Apricot Jam and their Honey BBQ Sauce. I used their eggs as well.
I chopped up the turkey bacon and added it to the ground turkey meat. It adds a smokey dimension and extra moistness to these meatballs.
Pour in the First Street Barbecue Sauce and Apricot jam into the pressure cooker. This pressure cooker is going to cook these meatballs in just 20 minutes!
Add the meatballs to the Instant Pot. You can see the turkey bacon chopped up in these. I am getting hungry just writing this post!
If you have an Instant Pot or pressure cooker, this is going to be a huge timesaver for you! I made a whole chicken in 30 minutes last week. Amazing!
Are you ready to make these for yourself?
More Delicious Party Appetizer Recipes:
- Here are all of my most popular appetizer recipes are in this roundup!
- Healthy Chicken Meatballs Four Ways
- Hot Cream Cheese Scallion Dip
- Black Bean Dip and Nachos
How to make gluten free turkey meatballs in an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 6 slices raw turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 bottle honey barbecue sauce
- Slice up the turkey bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, add turkey bacon, ground turkey, bread crumbs, garlic and other spices. Mix well.
- Spray cooking oil in the internal pot in the pressure cooker. Add jam and barbecue sauce.
- Use your hands to roll small meatballs with the turkey meat mixture.
- Add the meatballs to the pressure cooker.
- Follow the instructions for operating your pressure cooker. I used on by Corsori, so I chose meat as my cooking option.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Allow pressure to ease before opening your pressure cooker. If in doubt, refer to the instruction guide that came with your pressure cooker.
- Enjoy the meatballs!
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This doesn't change the cost you pay for an item, it just means a tiny commission comes to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 248 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 82mg Sodium: 361mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 14g Protein: 16g