One bite of this savory chicken chopped salad and you will be hooked! Grilled chicken, romaine lettuce, beets, tomatoes, pomegranate, feta, and sprouts combine with a pomegranate vinaigrette to make the best lunch salad.
(*This post was sponsored by Foster Farms. All delicious opinions are my own.)
Whether you need a salad for lunch, dinner, a cookout, or picnic, this deliciously easy chopped salad recipe will be your new go-to salad recipe!
If you have been following my blog for a while, you already know my love affair with Foster Farms chicken. Their chicken is fresh, never frozen and you can taste the difference every time you cook with it! This is the chicken I feed my family every week.
Check out some of my favorite chicken recipes featuring Foster Farms:
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- One Pan Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
- Gluten Free Curried Chicken Pot Pie
Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken is raised locally in California and the Pacific Northwest. For me, I love that their chicken is always fresh and never frozen. You can taste this difference in every bite. Foster Farms chickens are raised cage-free, which is very important to me.
You can find Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken at your local Safeway or Albertsons stores. (They are the same company. For us here in the Bay Area, we have Safeway stores!) Did you know you can use the Safeway app to get coupons and deals when you shop at your local store? You can download the app and always get the best deals that are local to you.
Chopped Vegetable Salad
This chopped vegetable salad makes the perfect salad for spring and summer. Safeway is filled with fresh produce. For this salad, we used fresh lettuce, beets, tomatoes, and pomegranate seeds. Feel free to swap out any of the vegetables for what you find at your grocery store.
I grilled my Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken to make this salad. My son, who wanted a sous-vide machine for the holidays is trying to convert me to sous-vide cooking. No matter how you cook the chicken, you are going to love how fresh and delicious this chicken is.
More Ways to Cook Chicken For A Salad:
- Roast your chicken in your oven
- Pan fry your chicken
Are you ready to see how easy this Chicken Chopped Salad is to make?
The first step is to open the packaging and place your chicken on a plate or in a dish. I love that Foster Farms uses no growth-promoting antibiotics or hormones in raising their chickens!!
Next, you will want to season your Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil. I don’t use any other seasonings because I want the true flavors of the chicken to shine through in this salad recipe.
Preheat your grill, oven, sous-vide, or pan.
Grill the chicken for 20 minutes, until it is fully cooked through and the thickest part of the chicken breast has an internal temperature of 165F degrees Fahrenheit measured with a meat thermometer. The olive oil helps keep the chicken moist while grilling!
Remove the chicken when it is cooked, cover with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice thinly.
Wash and then thinly slice romaine lettuce and add it to a salad bowl. Add in the chopped Foster Farms Fresh & Natural Chicken.
Now you are ready to add in the rest of the ingredients!
Add in your cooked beets. Make sure to dice them into bite-sized pieces. I steamed my beets, but you can also roast them in the oven.
How to Cook Beets:
- Add a steamer basket to a pot and fill with water to the base of the steam basket. Add washed beets to the basket. Leave the peels on as they will come off easily after the beets are cooked. Cover the pot and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes (more time if your beets are large) or until the beets are soft. Use a knife to scrape off the peels.
- Wash the beets and bake in a 9×13 pan at 350F degrees for 45 minutes, or until your beets are soft. (Baking time will depend on the size of the beets you are cooking.
Add in tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, feta, or anything you want to put in your chopped chicken salad.
I love how colorful this salad is. You will love how easy this chopped chicken salad recipe is to make!!
Did you know you can use the Safeway app to get coupons and deals when you shop at your local store? You can download the app and always get the best deals that are local to you.
The next step to the salad is to make the pomegranate vinaigrette dressing and pour it over the salad. Mix up this easy lunch salad and it is ready to serve.
Homemade Pomegranate Vinaigrette
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 clove minced garlic
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
dash salt/pepper to taste
Add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend. Pour over the salad and toss to mix.
Top with sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sprouts, or anything you like!
- 1 pound Foster Farm's Chicken Breasts
- 2 beets, roasted
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat the grill on medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the packaging and put on a plate.
- Sprinkle olive oil over the chicken, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on the grill for 20 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes on a plate.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and slice thinly.
- Add lettuce and all of the salad ingredients to a large salad bowl and mix.
- Top with the homemade vinaigrette dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 133 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 492mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 8g Protein: 7g