This juicy Gluten Free Southwestern Mexican Meatloaf Burger is a flavor-packed moist burger that will make any burger lover happy!!
Make the gluten free meatloaf, then slice it up for burgers. There is no better way to celebrate National Burger Month!
(This post is part of a kick-butt burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger epicness is all my own.)
Can you believe it is National Burger Month? Who can pass up a juicy burger?
I excited to be celebrating Girl Carnivore’s Burger Month celebration with a bunch of blogging buddies. We are bringing you the most creatively delicious burger recipes.
Well, let’s get started on making this Mexican meatloaf recipe because it is going to change your world. Meatloaf isn’t just for dumping on a plate. It is time to take meatloaf up a notch!!
Ingredients you need to make this meatloaf recipe with salsa:
- Ground beef
- broken tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese
- chopped pasilla pepper (or green pepper!)
- your favorite salsa
- chopped leek
- one egg
- salt and pepper
I bake this meatloaf recipe in a big 9×13 casserole dish. This makes it easy to cut up into pieces for these Mexican meatloaf burgers. Mr. Fearless Dining is watching carbs, so he enjoys this meatloaf without a bun.
Any way you dish it up, this meatloaf with salsa is a family favorite!!
Are you ready to make this Mexican Meatloaf Recipe?
Add crushed corn tortilla chips, sliced leeks, spices, shredded cheese, and chopped pasilla peppers in a bowl.
Add the ground beef and mix well.
Add the meatloaf mixture to a pan and spread it out. Top with salsa and shredded cheese. Bake at 375F Degrees for 30 minutes until the meatloaf is done.
Slice up your meatloaf and add it to a gluten free bun. Top with fresh cilantro, more cheese, and more sliced pasilla peppers.
Things You Need To Make This Mexican Meatloaf Recipe:
- A 9×13 baking dish.
- A non-slip mixing bowl to mix the meat and ingredients in. (I hate when the bowl slides around on the counter!)
- 2 pounds ground beef, lean
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pasilla peppers, chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup leek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For burger toppings
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup pasilla pepper slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (the first 9 ingredients).
- Mix well. Add to a 9x13 baking pan.
- Top with more shredded cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until done. Depending on the size of your dish it may cook slower or faster.
- Assemble as a burger with fresh cilantro and pasilla pepper slices. You can add more salsa on top if you like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 118mg Sodium: 415mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 32g