This juicy Gluten Free Southwestern Mexican Meatloaf Burger is a flavor-packed moist burger that will make any burger lover happy!!
Make the gluten free meatloaf, then slice it up for burgers. There is no better way to celebrate National Burger Month or any time you need a delicious healthy dinner!
If you love easy dinner recipes, don't forget to check out all of the delicious gluten free dinner recipes on my site.
Click for Table of Contents:
Can you believe it is National Burger Month? Who can pass up a juicy burger?
I excited to be celebrating Girl Carnivore's Burger Month celebration with a bunch of blogging buddies. We are bringing you the most creatively delicious burger recipes.
Well, let's get started on making this Mexican meatloaf recipe because it is going to change your world. Meatloaf isn't just for dumping on a plate. It is time to take meatloaf up a notch!!
I bake this meatloaf recipe in a big 9x13 casserole dish. This makes it easy to cut up into pieces for these Mexican meatloaf burgers. Mr. Fearless Dining is watching carbs, so he enjoys this meatloaf without a bun.
Any way you dish it up, this meatloaf with salsa is a family favorite!!
Add crushed corn tortilla chips, sliced leeks, spices, shredded cheese, and chopped pasilla peppers in a bowl.
Add the ground beef and mix well.
Add the meatloaf mixture to a pan and spread it out. Top with salsa and shredded cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes until the meatloaf is done.
How do you know when it is done baking?
Your meatloaf is done baking when it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a digital meat thermometer to measure this temperature.
Slice up your meatloaf and add it to a gluten free bun. Top with fresh cilantro, more cheese, and more sliced pasilla peppers.
- Tortilla chips (fun right?)
- A slice of cheddar cheese
If you love meatloaf, you will want to try this Gluten Free Turkey Meatloaf or this BBQ Ground Turkey Quaker Oats Meatloaf (they finally make certified gluten free oats!) And if burgers are your thing, give this easy Gluten Free Ground Chicken Burgers recipe a try!
- A 9x13 baking dish.
- A non-slip mixing bowl to mix the meat and ingredients in. (I hate when the bowl slides around on the counter!)
Southwestern Meatloaf Burger
- 2 pounds ground beef lean
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pasilla peppers chopped
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup leek
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For burger toppings
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/4 cup pasilla pepper slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients (the first 9 ingredients).
- Mix well. Add to a 9x13 baking pan.
- Top with more shredded cheese and bake for 35 minutes or until done. Depending on the size of your dish it may cook slower or faster.
- Assemble as a burger with fresh cilantro and pasilla pepper slices. You can add more salsa on top if you like.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)