Gluten free turkey meatloaf is a hearty meal that tastes amazing! Not only does it taste delicious, but making this skillet meatloaf is also quick and easy! I always say that meals that I can just throw together on those busy days saves my sanity!
When you taste this healthy gluten free meatloaf, your taste buds will be dancing! Each bite is loaded with juicy ground turkey, Mexican cheese, panko bread crumbs, sweet diced tomatoes, and seasonings.
Ground turkey meatloaf is a classic meal that never gets old in my house. Even my kids and Mr. Fearless Dining will ask me to make this frequently. This dish is absolutely perfect for entertaining house guests too!
I have made a couple of guides that I would like to tell you about if you are just starting out with gluten free eating. The Ultimate Walmart Gluten Free Shopping Guide and Gluten Free Costco Shopping Guide both give you lots of tips and ideas. Even if you are a pro at gluten free dining, it is worth checking them out!
This is one of those recipes I like to call a stealth dinner. What is this? It is when dinner tastes so good, your kids LOVE it, but they don’t know it is healthy! Healthy turkey meatloaf is our secret!
I am sure you have a few questions about making this gluten free, and basic cooking information for this recipe.
Can I substitute the egg in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute the egg if you have dietary restrictions or can’t tolerate it. I recommend replacing with beef broth or tomato sauce. Use a ¼ cup, and you probably won’t even notice the difference.
How can I tell if this meatloaf is done baking?
You can tell if the turkey meatloaf is done a couple of ways. You can look at the color of the ground turkey and if it is cooked all the way through it is most likely done.
You should also check the internal temperature by using a meat thermometer. It should be at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I freeze turkey meatloaf?
Yes, you can freeze skillet turkey meatloaf. Cool any leftovers and then place in an airtight container. Keeping the turkey meatloaf in an airtight container will prevent freezer burn and preserve the flavors. When you are ready to use, simply thaw out in the fridge overnight. Then you can heat it in the oven or microwave.
Can I substitute panko breadcrumbs?
Yes, if you want to substitute the gluten free Panko breadcrumbs, you certainly can. You can use any items that you tolerate that is gluten free. Oats would be a good choice, but make sure they are certified gluten free. Crackers, cereal, and tortilla chips (like in this Southwestern Meatloaf recipe) are a few other options as long as they are gluten free as well.
This dish is very forgiving and versatile. You can adjust the ingredients to fit your tastes. You are going to love this mouthwatering meatloaf masterpiece!
Here are a few ideas that you can do to adjust the flavor of your gluten free turkey meatloaf.
- Ketchup – Once it is finished cooking, drizzle ketchup on top.
- Barbecue sauce – Poor a little bit of barbecue sauce on top right before you are ready to serve.
- Mozzarella cheese – swap out the Mexican shredded cheese for Mozzarella for a different flavor.
Are you ready to make this delicious family-friendly dinner for your family?
Add all of your ingredients to a bowl including ground turkey meat, gluten free panko, eggs, roasted red peppers, basil, and seasonings. Mix well to blend.
This is what your raw meatloaf mixture will look like.
Put it into mini cast iron skillets, one 10-inch cast iron skillet, or a bread loaf time. Add cheese and bake at 350F degrees for 25-35 minutes (depending on what you bake this recipe in.)
What can you serve with this turkey meatloaf recipe?
Here are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with gluten free turkey meatloaf:
- Crazy Good Mashed Potatoes With Cream Cheese
- Bacon Ricotta Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Pan Fried Sweet Potatoes With Leeks With Honey
If you love this gluten free turkey skillet meatloaf, you should try these other turkey recipes:
- Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka
- Cheesy Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot Gluten Free Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup gluten free panko
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fire-roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients except the mozzarella to a large bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the meatloaf mixture to a baking dish, cast iron pan, or what you have on-hand.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes depending on the depth of the dish you use to bake this meatloaf recipe. I used mini cast iron pans and it took 25 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to make sure the internal temperature is 160F degrees to know it is done baking.
You can bake this meatloaf recipe in a large cast-iron skillet or an 8x8 baking dish if you don't have the mini skillets.
There are affiliate links in my posts. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 608mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 36g