I can’t wait to share this deliciously satisfying Migas recipe with you. These Mexican migas are packed full of flavor from eggs, corn tortillas, chorizo, onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and cheese.
(Thank you, Cacique®, for sponsoring this post. Visit your local grocery store to pick up your fave Cacique® product for a delicious dinner tonight!)
Migas are considered a traditional Mexican breakfast where you cook corn tortillas and scramble in eggs with other tasty ingredients. I have always included chorizo because it adds so much flavor to this dish.
Cacique® makes many delicious Hispanic kinds of cheese, chorizo, and cremas to help you make all your favorite Mexican foods! (All of Cacique® cheeses and chorizos are gluten free!)
If you love breakfast as much as we do, check out my delicious gluten free breakfast recipes!
Why This Recipe Is Great:
- Flavorful: Migas are made from simple ingredients, including eggs, chorizo, corn tortillas, and cheese. I include fresh cilantro and jalapeños to add some spice.
- Filling: Migas makes a hearty breakfast. It is full of protein that will keep you full all day.
- Easy to make: Migas are a great way to use up stale bread, and the dish can be made with just a few basic ingredients. The recipe can be adapted to include vegetables and other items from your fridge.
- Affordable: Migas are inexpensive and can be made using ingredients readily available in most kitchens. This makes them an excellent option for anyone looking for a delicious, satisfying meal that won’t break the bank.
This is an awesome recipe to make on Cinco de Mayo. For more recipe ideas, check out these Gluten Free Cinco de Mayo Recipes.
- Eggs – Size Large
- Corn Tortillas – Store-bought or make these Gluten Free Corn Tortillas from scratch.
- Chorizo- Cacique brand is really good.
- Cheese – I like panela or queso fresco.
- Onion – Yellow onion.
- Sour Cream and Salsa – Optional but yummy.
If you are looking for more delicious gluten free Mexican breakfast ideas, give this Ground Turkey Chili Shakshuka a try.
Feel free to adapt these Tex-Mex migas and add to them. I often add chopped green peppers and other vegetables to change things up now and then. You can even use corn tortillas to make migas with chorizo tacos.
Recipe Step-By-Step Directions:
Step 1: Grab a cutting board and a sharp knife. First, wash and chop the fresh cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and jalapeños.
Step 2: Open up the pork chorizo and remove the chorizo from out of the casing. Toss the casing in the trash.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo to a pan with the diced onions and a tablespoon of oil. Cook on medium heat until the chorizo is fully cooked and the onions soften.
🔑 Sandi says: As the mixture cooks, chop the chorizo into small pieces.
Step 3: Add the corn tortillas, egg, tomato, salt, and pepper to the pan. Cook on medium heat until the eggs are starting to cook.
Step 4: Add the Cacique® Panela cheese crumbles. Continue to cook until the cheese melts and the eggs are cooked. Mix and stir with a wooden spoon so the eggs cook evenly.
Step 5: Add in the fresh cilantro and toss to cook it. Serve it hot on a plate and drizzle Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream on top!
Are you ready to make these for your breakfast? For another delicious recipe with Cacique® Cheeses and Chorizo, check out this easy White Queso Cheese Dip recipe!
Migas will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Migas should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
More Gluten-Free Mexican Food Recipes:
- Fresh Padron Pepper Salsa – A deliciously fresh flavored salsa.
- Gluten Free Taco Soup – Easy 30-minute taco soup.
- Blackened Shrimp Fajitas – You will love this quick and easy dinner recipe!
- Ground Pork Chili – Tasty. You control the level of spice.
Easy Tex Mex Migas Recipe
*As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 corn tortillas * see note
- 9 ounces chorizo uncooked
- ¼ cup cheese
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons cilantro fresh is best
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- Chop the cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and the onion.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the oil and onion. Cook for 5 minutes and add the chorizo.
- Cook until the chorizo is cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Add the scrambled eggs, ripped up corn tortillas, salt, and pepper. Cook until the eggs are part-way cooked.
- Add the cheese and finish cooking the eggs. Cook until the cheese is melted into the eggs.
- Add fresh chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
- Use gluten free store-bought corn tortillas or make this easy gluten free corn tortillas recipe.
- You can use any cheese you like.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Please know that every gluten free flour blend has a different starch to grain ratio. If you use a blend I didn’t test, you may need to adjust your moisture levels in your baked goods.
Nutritional information is an estimate provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the actual nutritional information with the products and brands you are using with your preferred nutritional calculator.
This post was updated from an old September 2018 post with more recipe details.
Your go-to haven for gluten-free living, where I share hundreds of delicious, family-friendly recipes, helpful gluten-free resources, and allergen-friendly options for everyone!