Have fun with this fresh and fruity dragon fruit cocktail with vodka. Dragon fruit is in season, and it adds delicious flavors that combine perfectly with vodka.
Don't forget to check out my fancy drinks recipes, they are all delicious for happy hour.
Have you tried a dragon fruit? Perhaps you know it as a pitaya? Whatever you call it, you will find that it is hard to miss in the market because it is large and hot pink! These fruits are from Mexico and Asia, but you can usually find them during the summer here in markets.
You know I love to combine healthy components into my cocktail recipes, so it shouldn't surprise you that this dragon fruit cocktail packs a healthy punch.
Dragon fruit is high in vitamin B, vitamin C; and minerals including calcium, iron, and phosphorus. It has numerous health benefits, but honestly, I enjoy dragon fruit because it tastes good :-).
You can make a lot of things with dragon fruit, like this sweet and spicy Dragon Fruit Salsa. Don't you think the way the dragon fruit looks in that salsa recipe almost look like little dice?
The best way to eat a dragon fruit is to slice it in half and peel the thick skin off. You don't want to eat the peel. This fruit grows cactus-like and the outside is bitter and tough. There are fun drinks you can make with dragon fruit like this dragon fruit mojito.
This drink can be served on the rocks, straight up with a fun sugar rim, or frozen for those hot summer days. Any way you mix it, the flavor will impress your guests. If anything they will ask about the large hot pink fruit on the kitchen counter :-).
I love using my Vitamix when I make my cocktails because it purees the whole fruit, making my drinks more nutritious than using canned or bottled juices. Vitamix cocktails are made fresh, and you can even freeze the drinks into adult popsicles or slushies.
Appetizers to serve:
- These gluten free fried cheese sticks make a great appetizer to serve at happy hour!
- This hot cream cheese dip is a big crowd pleaser!
- Need a pretty appetizer that is packed full of flavor? These gluten free stuffed mushrooms are perfect!
- Blender or Vitamix to blend the dragon fruit pulp.
- A bar set to strain the liquid if you are serving straight up.
- 1 cup dragon fruit
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 blood orange
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounces orange liquor
- Remove the thick peel from the dragon fruit.
- Add dragon fruit, blood orange pulp, and lime juice to the Vitamix. Blend until smooth.
- Add honey and liquors. Blend quickly.
- Serve over ice, straight up, or add ice to the blender and serve frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.