If you love Almond Joy candy bars, this gluten free almond joy cookies recipe will become your favorite.
Moist chewy coconut on top of a chocolate cookie or brownie...one bite and you will be hooked! Browse dozens of delicious gluten free cookie recipes on the blog and enjoy!
(*This post is sponsored by Immaculate Baking Company, but all delicious sweet opinions are my own.)
You are in for a treat with these chocolaty gluten free chocolate almond joy cookie bars.
They are not only are these almond joy cookies gluten free, but they are also dairy-free. The hero of this dessert is the Immaculate Baking Double Chocolate Cookie Mix. This gluten free cookie mix is easy to use, it mixes up super fast, and it can be used by itself for cookies, or as a part of a fabulous dessert recipe!
Have you seen Immaculate Baking Company mixes in your grocery store? (And if they are close-by, go grab a few boxes because there are so many fun varieties to try!!)
*Note that not all Immaculate Baking Mixes are gluten free. The good news is the mixes that are gluten free are made in a dedicated gluten free facility, so you can be assured these baking mixes are both safe and delicious!
Can you believe this delicious almond joy flavored dessert is dairy-free? I was lucky enough to find coconut condensed milk in my local market. Almond joy cookies sweetened by condensed milk give that gooey coconut texture you love in the candy bar!
- 1 box Immaculate Double Chocolate Baking Mix
- Condensed coconut milk
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Slivered toasted almonds
Are you ready to give this recipe a try? Gather your ingredients.
Step 1: Add the cookie mix to a bowl and make the cookie dough according to package directions.
Step 2: Spread the cookie dough batter into the bottom of the pan.
Step 3: Add the shredded coconut and pour the coconut condensed milk over the top. Use a spoon to spread the condensed milk out evenly.
Step 4: Sprinkle the top with slivered or sliced almonds.
Step 5: Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes until done.
Step 6: Let cool completely before slicing!
📋 Recipe FAQ:
You can use any cookie mix for this recipe. Note that Immaculate Foods also has a yummy gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix.
Although it will change the recipe, you can definitely omit the nuts to make this dessert nut-free
This recipe is done baking when the top is golden. Be careful though because the topping is very hot when it comes out of the oven!
This recipe for gluten free almond joy cookies is so easy to make. All you need is Immaculate Baking Company's Double Chocolate Cookie Mix ingredients, unsweetened shredded coconut, shredded almonds, and coconut condensed milk.
More Delicious Gluten Free Cookies to Try:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
- Gluten Free Brookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (a delicious classic!)
Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Joy Cookie Bars
- 1 box Immaculate Double Chocolate Baking Mix Make according to directions
- 1 can condensed coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup slivered toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cookie mix according to package directions.
- In a medium sized bowl, add coconut, almond, and condensed milk.
- Mix well.
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add cookie dough to the bottom. Spread to cover the whole bottom and press down. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Spread the coconut mixture on top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Slice and enjoy!
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)