Gluten free chocolate chip cookies are a big hit with my family.This easy gluten free cookies recipe makes cookies that are soft and tender with crispy edges. This easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe is easy to adapt. Add your favorite mix-ins!
(This post was updated from when it was originally written on 9/11/15. This easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe has been one of the most popular gluten free cookie recipes on my blog.)
Our Favorite Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
So much has changed from when I first wrote this post. At the time, my daughter was playing club volleyball. She wanted these cookies for her team. Since then and two-foot surgeries later, she is not playing volleyball. She has a few more months of healing from the last foot surgery before she can start in again. She is definitely a trooper!
You won’t see many recipes like this on my site. Full on sugar bombs. I made the gluten free chocolate chip cookie sugar bombs with extra chocolate chips and all of the fixings! This recipe has been inspired by my family’s love of cookies. My daughter thinks you should try these Gluten Free Peanut Butter M&M Cookies too!)
There, I gave this easy cookie recipe a real name. Sugar Bombs.”
Once in a while, my kids want to have a treat like what their friends eat…ones that don’t have healthy ingredients. I think they are afraid of someone calling them out on the healthy thing…
Can’t you just imagine that conversation?
“Hey, is that a chia seed in my cookie?” Your mom makes weird stuff.
It would be pretty funny, but for her birthday, I decided to be nice so she could save face in front of her team. Given how much she loves cookies, I should probably make these Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies too. They are a great Oreo substitute!
So here’s to you, my daughter, in lieu of another birthday cake, I am giving you your very favorite cookies. This homemade easy gluten free cookie recipe is quick and easy and is perfect for a cookie exchange, bake sale, or for any occasion.
The beauty of this gluten free cookie recipe is how customizable it is. You can put anything into these cookies. Once I did a huge pantry clean out and adapted these cookies by tossing in the stale scraps like leftover potato chips and trail mix. It can be really fun!
Easy Gluten Free Cookie Mix-In Ideas:
- gluten free oats – Gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are a delicious treat!
- white chocolate chips
- caramel chips
- dried fruit like raisins or cherries
- potato chips and pantry stale scraps
What would you add to your gluten free chocolate chip cookies?
Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Tips and Substitutions:
- These cookies freeze really well, so make a double batch!
- Feel free to substitute coconut oil for the butter, or vice versa.
- Want to eat just the cookie dough? Try this easy edible gluten free cookie dough recipe!
- If you want these to be a lower glycemic dessert, substitute coconut sugar for the regular sugar.
- If you want these cookies to be dairy free, substitute coconut oil for the butter and use a dairy free chip like Enjoy Life.
- Want to try something fun with this homemade gluten free cookie recipe? Try stuffing them with Nutella like these Gluten Free Nutella Stuffed Cookies.
- Want to sneak in some protein? Use 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour blend and 2/3 a cup of almond flour!
Are chocolate chips gluten free?
The answer is, it depends. Most are gluten free, but you need to read labels to see if the chocolate chips are produced on shared equipment with wheat.
You also might like this recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups from Allergylicious to bring too! If you are looking for a refined sugar-free, healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe, you will love these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!
(*Please note there may be affiliate links in this post. Making a purchase through this link will not change the price you pay, but a tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I appreciate your support.)
Things You Need To Make This Easy Cookie Recipe:
- My very favorite gluten free flour blend.
- A cookie scoop to ensure all of your cookies are the same size.
How to Make Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
When I mix up a batch of the easy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe, I like to really make sure the butter is soft. This makes mixing the dough so much easier. You can mix this cookie dough by hand, or use a mixer. It is completely up to you. The cookies will taste the same regardless.
The cookies will taste the same regardless if you use a mixer or just a spoon and some muscle. make sure you don’t eat the dough. I know most people don’t think about it, but Mr. Fearless Dining got pretty sick a couple of years ago from eating it…if you want cookie dough, I put our favorite cookie dough recipe up above in the tips section.
Use a cookie scoop to drop the gluten free cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. You will want your cookies to all come out the same size.
Now all you have to do is bake your cookies for 9-10 minutes, then enjoy!
Click here to see all of the gluten free cookie and cookie bar recipes on this blog. All of the recipes on Fearless Dining are wheat free, gluten free, and Celiac safe.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend, (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Spray coconut oil on a cookie sheet to prevent sticking.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until done.
- Remove cookies and place onto a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 247 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 169mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 3g
More Yummy Gluten Free Cookie Recipes to Try!