These gluten free coconut date pecan scones are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. Scones are an easy snack to make.
These step by step directions should help you become a scone expert in no time.
I am finally making a sweet scone recipe :-). You will love how easy this date scone recipe comes together!
I found some sweet looking dates in our grocery store and I thought these would work well with coconut and pecans.
For this recipe, I used the Bob’s Red Mill’s new 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend that I picked up at my local Costco. I had wanted to try it out in this scone recipe. This flour blend is a lot lighter with more starch, so these scones are not only flaky but lighter in texture as well.
I love that these gluten free coconut date pecan scones have a light sweetness to them. Even my picky child loves these!
These scones are so worth it….(I highly suggest you make a double batch, the whole family is going to devour them.)
If you do make that double batch, feel free to freeze some of these pecan scones! They are completely freezable.
To make the scones, use a pastry blender to cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
Your dough will look grainy like this before you add the wet ingredients.
Spread the dough out on parchment paper and make cuts in the dough. Once it is baked you just need to cut it again along those same lines.
Super flaky and full of dates and pecans.
Click here to see all of the scone recipes on this blog.
(* Please note there are affiliate links in this recipe. Making a purchase from Amazon on my affiliate link will not change the price you pay for the item. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the costs of running this blog. I am very grateful for any support you can give.)
Easy gluten free coconut, date and pecan scone recipe.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour Blend (*Note, my flour blend has xanthan gum included. If yours doesn't, add 1 teaspoon.)
- 1/2 cup sugar use 1/4 if you use sweetened coconut.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter cold
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add butter in chunks to the flour.
- Using a pastry blender, cut butter into the dough until the flour mixture is grainy.
- Add wet ingredients and mix ins and stir to blend.
- Put a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough and shape it to a round flattened circle about 2 inched tall.
- Use a sharp knife to cut slices into the dough (as shown in above photograph.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until done.
- When scones are cooled down, use a knife along cut marks.
More Yummy Scone Recipes to Try!
Round out your breakfast with this recipe idea:
If you love scones, try these Gluten Free Pear and Gorgonzola Scones!