Bacon makes everything better, including these yummy gluten free maple donuts with bacon!
My kids thought I was nuts when I decided to add bacon to their donuts today. I guess it does sound a bit odd, but I can’t resist bacon! These gluten free maple donuts didn’t last long and they disappeared really quickly.
Ever since I tried Psycho Donuts gluten free maple bacon donuts I have been obsessed with bacon and maple.
This gluten free, dairy-free maple donut recipe is my attempt to recreate these amazing donuts for my family.
Our family fell in love with these donut shop donuts, but the sugar rush after eating just one regular sized donut was enough to make us all bounce off the walls.
I decided to try to remake these maple donuts to be a little healthier by making them dairy free, adding almond flour for protein, and using coconut sugar to make the donut part lower glycemic.
These donuts are also dairy-free, so if you are both gluten-free and dairy-free, this donut recipe is for you!!
There is only so much you can do when you add a frosting drizzle, but the donut underneath it all is much healthier 🙂
If you love donuts as much as we do, here are all of my donut recipes are in one place in The Best Gluten Free Donut Recipes post!
Gluten Free Flour
Pamela’s Pancake mix was the perfect gluten-free flour blend in this recipe because I still had several bags sitting here after ordering them in bulk from Amazon a few weeks ago. This mix is a bit lighter than most and I also like that this mix already has some almond flour mixed in for a
This mix is a bit lighter than most and I also like that this mix already has some almond flour mixed in for a little-added health. The almond flour also helped to keep these doughnuts moist and delicious.
You will love this easy maple glaze for donuts because it has just two ingredients and really brings out the maple flavor with the bacon.
Is bacon gluten free?
The short answer is yes, but I will always tell you to read the label!! I often find gluten hidden in the strangest things. For this recipe, I used Trader Joe’s pre-cooked bacon, but feel free to use any cooked bacon!
I really love my Babycakes Donut Maker. It is so easy to use and even easier to clean. I find I use it a couple of times a month because my kids really love donuts. You can also make these donuts in a donut pan.
You will find this gluten free baked donuts recipe to be a great alternative to donut shops where they fry their donuts.
You can also make these donuts in a donut pan. (If you use a donut pan, you may consider spraying coconut oil in the pan so the edges get a little crispy like a fried donut.)
This is what the gluten free maple donut batter looks like before cooking the donuts. It is a little thick, but the mini donuts are still light and fluffy!
Your doughnuts will look golden when they are all finished. Use the special fork that comes with the donut maker to remove the donuts. These gluten free donuts are hot!
Letting the drizzle finish dripping down. Add the chopped bacon and allow the icing to harden.
More Delicious Gluten Free Donut Recipes to Try:
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Donuts
- Dairy Free Gluten Free Lemon Donuts
- Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding Donuts
- Gluten Free Chunky Monkey Donuts
Shopping List for This Gluten Free Donut Recipe:
- Gluten free flour
- Almond Flour
- coconut sugar
- almond milk
- coconut oil
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
(*Please note this post has affiliate links. Ordering through my site will not change the price you pay. A tiny commission will come to Fearless Dining to help offset the cost of running this blog. I truly appreciate the support.)
Things You Need to Make This Recipe:
How to make gluten free maple bacon donuts at home:
- 1 1/2 cups Pamela's Products Ultimate Baking Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup Anthony's Almonds Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped up into small pieces
- Plug in Babycakes Mini Donut Maker to preheat.
- Mix all dry ingredients including coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to blend.
- In a small bowl, add all wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to blend.
- Open the donut maker and lightly spray with coconut oil.
- Using a spoon, spoon batter into each donut section (see photo below.)
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mini donuts are golden.
- Remove donuts onto cooling rack and continue to make donuts until you run out of batter.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, maple syrup, and water.
- Stir until blended.
- Drizzle glaze onto each donut.
- Sprinkle tops with chopped bacon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 153 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 69mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 3g